Remapping / boost question more quotes, come on guys help me out ;)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remapping / boost question more quotes, come on guys help me out ;)
So im haveing a debate on a facebook group with a couple of people, starting to annoy me now as im 95% sure im right.... Well i hope i right now or im gonna look like a right bell end lol

Anyway this guy is asking about just turning the boost up with out a remap i told the guy that when you remap the car the boost rises to acomadate the extra fuel no need to touch the boost then another guy has come along saying

Quote:Connor Rowe Yes turbo presure will increase but u will only get about 25 bhp more and will run up to about 18 psi with out doing the turbo, if you ajust the turbo then it will run about 18psi befor the map and then after will run around 24psi with 150bhp done loads know what I'm doin
Monday at 6:41pm via mobile · Like

Hannah Chris Collier Silcock Lol what sort of map you talking Connor?? Stage one or two? Cos I had a couple of Hdi's, just a simple stage one map will give around 20-30bhp more no messing with turbo, or if you put a front mount on (must have one for anything over stage 1) then your looking at 150-160bhp with no messing with turbo usually around 19psi, the Hdi turbos don't really like high psi some have run 20+ some have lasted days some longer but there only a small turbo. Best to upgrade if you want to go over 20psi to be safe
Monday at 6:52pm via mobile · Like

Connor Rowe Done loads of hdi tuning on my 26th 306 hdi, u need to turn up the turbo if you want over 130 bhp,done mine on a rolling road and it would not go over 133 bhp without the turbo turned up it will run in at about 18psi with a map but will smoke like f*ck and won't have the torque, u simply won't get 150 bhp without adjusting the turbo, look at my profile pic that hdi ran 150bhp with cooler, decat exhaust, Egr compleatly removed and inlet manifolds polished and a standerd garret turbo and on 69k she would not go any more than 133 without the turbo turning up, same as all the others iv done u have to do the turbo to get the torque and power, use to do the with Michael Canvin and he will tel u exactly the same
Monday at 7:37pm via mobile · Like · 1

Hannah Chris Collier Silcock I don't want to get in to an aquement about it but I no that's not true, what maps are you useing?? Join 306oc they will tell you same as I'm saying a Mr wippy map or pro Steve stage 2 map, with a front mount and straight though exhaust should see 155bhp approx, with out touching turbo. There loads of people on there who use these mappers and tbh not many adjust turbos as theres no need and it's out of the the turbos efficiency range.
Monday at 7:53pm via mobile · Like · 1

Connor Rowe Rubbish lol and pro Steve and wippy are some of the cheapest maps and worst about haha as long as the turbo is cooled down n looked after they will run 28 psi without a issue
Monday at 8:09pm via mobile · Like

Hannah Chris Collier Silcock Lol well think we will have to agree to disagree cos, if there maps we're rubbish they wouldn't be around, but they are and there widely known for being great mappers

Hopefully you can under stand that.

So what i wanna no am i right? that you dont need to touch the boost when remapping? i was told that a remap should be able to spin the turbo up more creating the correct boost to burn the fuel?

This guy all so said that he run's his turbo at 28psi i dont believe that for one bit surely it will have just shit it self

If any one wants to come and help me out and tell these guys what is right be much appreciated on this fb group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/39412612...7/?fref=ts

Thanks given by:
You're both wrong/right enough in equal measure that i cba to unpick it all.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 08:24 AM)Poodle Wrote: You're both wrong/right enough in equal measure that i cba to unpick it all.

oh please do lol least i will learn what is right.

Thanks given by:
That wasn't fair lol, you're more right than he is. Basically, it all depends.

Although he's clearly got a shit mapper if he can't get past 133bhp without turning up the boost lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
FLOL at whippy and prosteve being 'worst about'..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah the guys clearly a bit of a tool, ask him if hes done so many, how come he's still so shit at it. lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 08:59 AM)Poodle Wrote: Yeah the guys clearly a bit of a tool, ask him if hes done so many, how come he's still so shit at it. lol

lmao I think that would defo turn it in to an aquement some one feel free to go and write on the post tho so i can laff at it Wink

Thanks given by:
Quote:Hannah Chris Collier Silcock They don't need the boost touching like I say join 306oc and you will be proven wrong a good remap will provide the extra fuel to supply enough boost to burn clean, shit remap will smoke like fook and go no we're
16 hours ago via mobile · Like

Simon Thompson And the best bit....pro Steve is the one that told me about the mbc and the fact you have to turn up the boost manually with a remap!
9 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2

Shaun Miller Exactly remap will up the boost a little.. But u need more air to compensate for the fact there is extra fuel going in. So u will need to turn up the boost via a mbc
8 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Connor Rowe ^^ like it you can't turn the boost up by just a map, it will rise as the map goes up, but you need the turbo presure to run the boost and without it then will smoke cause its not got enuf air to run clear,mapped and modified 100's of cars a doing some mapping myself I know what needs to be done

Help me out guys am i wrong here??

Thanks given by:
You don't have to, but it will improve power to a point. Beyond that point it just narrows your power band and eventually reduces power by cooking the intake charge. He'd almost certainly get better area under the curve with lower boost than 28psi, show him this:
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygar...-2comp.jpg

28psi is more or less equivalent to a pressure ratio of 2.9, right off the map lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Quote:Connor rowe Without ajusting the turbo a hdi won't boost past 18psi and 125bhp when mapped nomatter what map or who's map u put on there pure n simple it just won't I do all my cars on a rolling road with print outs and graphs so whatever u wona think you carry on anf think it cuz ur 100% f*cking rong n off ur head if u think ur right, basic rules of derv tunning fuel+air=power u clearly no nothing about hdi or even derv tunning ffs lol what a joke
10 hours ago via mobile · Like

Phil Lambert Now now let's not get angry with each other lol
10 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2

Robert Smith if i spelt that badly, id be angry too.
34 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Hannah Chris Collier Silcock LMAO!!! connor like i said not having an aquement no need to get swearing and arsey lets have a debate about it. Do you make your own maps connor or are you getting them from some were else? Its proven that a pro steve/mr whippy remap stage one will get you aprox 120-130bhp, then a stage 2 will get you aprrox 155bhp with out touching the turbo, all im saying is there is no need to touch the turbo to get it to go over 125bhp as you say, tbh not sure why your struggleing to get it over 125bhp there must be something wrong with the maps you are using.
3 minutes ago · Like

Hannah Chris Collier Silcock And as for me not knowing any thing about tuning dervs, im not saying im a professional by no means but ive owned 2x 306 hdis (both been remapped stage 1 and 2) a 206 hdi, and about 6 306 d turbos that i have tuned bigger turbos etc etc! i know what im doing and understand it.

Here's another quote clearly this guy knows nothing if he carnt get them over 125bhp with out touching the boost Undecided

Thanks given by:
What fb group? I feel a troll coming along
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2013, 08:36 AM)Matt Wrote: What fb group? I feel a troll coming along

https://www.facebook.com/groups/39412612...7/?fref=ts

This one pug 306 d-turbo owners group

Please please come and comment lol

Thanks given by:
Request sent lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Stage 1 you wont need to tough the boost and thats up to about 135-140 probably

I wonder how many of these people have had the boost read by the dyno and are just going off their wildly inaccurate boost gauges.

Most stage 2 maps do recommend a slight boost increase to 20psI let's put it like this. On a dyno I made 163.5bhp at 17.5psi which is lest boost than some people think they run on a stage 1
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2013, 12:05 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Stage 1 you wont need to tough the boost and thats up to about 135-140 probably

I wonder how many of these people have had the boost read by the dyno and are just going off their wildly inaccurate boost gauges.

Most stage 2 maps do recommend a slight boost increase to 20psI let's put it like this. On a dyno I made 163.5bhp at 17.5psi which is lest boost than some people think they run on a stage 1

Was that an accurate reading for the boost?? that is impressive for only that small amount off boost

Thanks given by:
Yep that was an accurate reading from a dyno dynamics rolling road after taking the current measured atmospheric pressure from it.

Yes it's impressive, this is why I pay TB for maps Smile
Thanks given by:
My experience is that even the best-maintained HDi engine with a full-fat Stage 1 remap and a decat exhaust will not get past 129bhp.

I have also found that 18psi is the most sensible boost adjustment to go for (as measured off your boost gauge).

I would definitely agree with going to tb205gti for your maps Smile
Thanks given by:
Funny, because my stage 1 made over 130 on a pro_steve map in far from ideal conditions. lol

Go to TB if you like waiting months for a response and being told you know nothing about tuning. Otherwise i'd recommend pro_steve or mr whippy.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 08:59 AM)Poodle Wrote: Yeah the guys clearly a bit of a tool, ask him if hes done so many, how come he's still so shit at it. lol

LOL
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remapping Esmyth124 12 3,202 01-03-2017, 01:41 PM
Last Post: MY95
  Remapping a hdi?? turkish 8 1,878 10-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Last Post: mcglynn
  Remapping fuel economy Donkeybubles 16 2,545 15-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Donkeybubles