Help with lda setup/ 2nd to 3rd gear lagging :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with lda setup/ 2nd to 3rd gear lagging :(
Right basically since i got my td04 on if i push the pedal down at an accelerated rate i get like lag and coal out the back as its building up the boostzzzz which obviously makes my car look broken. Problem being the star wheel on the lda is turned up quite alot for more preload and im worried if i keep going there wont be enough boost to make it go down? Has anyone got any tips or things i could try or is it generally going to be smokey just because of the "lazyness" of the turbo? Thanks babes

After rereading that im pretty sure its more preload i need because its stops extra fuel being chucked in to soon hence coal? Pretty sure thats right.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Thing is, too much pre-load and it will make it completely gutless for longer, then all of a sudden chuck a load of fuel in and make it a nightmare to drive.

I think you just need more right foot control.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2013, 08:06 PM)Ricky Wrote: Thing is, too much pre-load and it will make it completely gutless for longer, then all of a sudden chuck a load of fuel in and make it a nightmare to drive.

I think you just need more right foot control.

^^What he said. A well controlled right foot will do as much as an LDA, Ruan was on about switching to a non-LDA setup
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well im considering a '6 box in that case to help my acceleration more :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
you on a 9mm or 11mm?

had this issue with the 11mm....fixed two ways...one: there was waaaaay too much preload on the lda spring...loosened off and it was 10x better....also foot control!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
As spellowe said; have a fiddle with your right foot first, if you're clearing up on full chat, yet lagging and coaling, then you're driving like a turd I'm afraid. You can't plant a DT like you can a GTI/k03 and expect powah.. Sorry Sad
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
You've all said foot control but im no newbie to tuned xud driving im pretty sure my foot control is ok, i guess i just want more midrange from the turbo, time to go twin turbo then!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2013, 09:43 PM)Tom Wrote: Well im considering a '6 box in that case to help my acceleration more :/

And sitting at 3500RPM for 70mph?

Yeah your acceleration will be quicker but the ratios are faaar too short unless you plan on running a 6krpm rev limit?
Thanks given by:
You've got a reasonably laggy turbo, what did you expect?
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(26-06-2013, 09:49 PM)Tom Wrote: You've all said foot control but im no newbie to tuned xud driving im pretty sure my foot control is ok, i guess i just want more midrange from the turbo, time to go twin turbo then!

If you're constantly bogging i'd say your foot control could still improve. I'm no perfect driver but even i've noticed much better midrange as I get more used to driving it.

Bear in mind the TD04 isn't really a midrange kind of turbo anyway so you're going to drop off boost changing gear unless you hit massive RPM's, just like with the standard blowers.
Thanks given by:
See really that 2nd 3rd gap is where i notice it the most but then i guess thats because, to be rough i go by above 3k = power on tap and below 3k = not much power, so when i get into third im literally on 3k so its building up again :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Also, consider you've went from a k03 where you can plant your foot a have a pokey motor, to a td04 which is significantly larger; you may have "tuned XUD experience" but the turbos are very different.

Sometimes you do need to go back to basics; if you do try gradually increase boost, and still have the same issue, try inform us a little more ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2013, 09:55 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Also, consider you've went from a k03 where you can plant your foot a have a pokey motor, to a td04 which is significantly larger; you may have "tuned XUD experience" but the turbos are very different.

Sometimes you do need to go back to basics; if you do try gradually increase boost, and still have the same issue, try inform us a little more ThumbsUp

^^This

Changing the turbo can f*ck up all your fuel settings and driving style, they make a huge difference in the driveability of an XUD. Basically have to re-tune EVERYTHING to get it how you want it.

Personally i'd back off the LDA and use your foot to control smoke and bogging. If there's too much preload you'll just get a massive whack of fuel when the turbo eventually spools up.
Thanks given by:
defo...I'd be all over that LDA preload...

when I fitted the 11mm I went for first drive and wondered what was wrong, it was so flat....then bwaaaaaaarp....boom it just took off...was an animal. LDA was setup way too harsh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
ORRR if you think you have problems fueling due to an early LDA, grab an MBC and fit this into the LDA line to delay the LDA even more; perhaps reduce the fuel on 'on' boost, if that makes sense
Thanks given by:
I have done all of the above mentioned hence coming here for a bit more help, I always feed the power in so to speak i never ever ever just foot flat, its always feeding it in and building it up. All my fuel settings have been changed and are still are being played with since the td04 was put on. Its just even when being gentle and feeding it in as the turbo spools up i get a mist of coal... as if the lda is dropping to early blahblahblah and were back to the top lmao

(26-06-2013, 10:01 PM)ginge191 Wrote: ORRR if you think you have problems fueling due to an early LDA, grab an MBC and fit this into the LDA line to delay the LDA even more; perhaps reduce the fuel on 'on' boost, if that makes sense

There a good constructive idea, i like it! Definately looking into that.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Coal pre-boost isn't necessarily bad, but should be controllable, still think you're feeding fuel in too early.
Thanks given by:
I had exactly this when I changed my turbo, as said above I literally had to start adjusting the pump to suit it all over again, was a nightmare, coaling like mad and bogging too, I've finally got it somewhere near, 2 months after! Smile
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
On a stock spring wound the ENTIRE WAY UP other than letting it bind before full drop, the LDA will still drop FULLY at just 14-16psi, but as said, will just make it more of a farce to drive, really just need to learn to drive it quick and clean, if the timings good, its not hard to do that at all...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
just to clarify...whats "stop drop"!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2013, 10:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: just to clarify...whats "stop drop"!?

Meant still, edited.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Ive just changed to the td04 and definitely notice the lag too. Im trying to get used to it but dont find it that bad as long as you change at 5k in 2nd
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
The VE is no good at fuel control for higher boost it wasn't designed for it, ideally it just needs a stronger spring set finely tailing the boost.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2013, 07:33 PM)Tom Wrote: Right basically since i got my td04 on if i push the pedal down at an accelerated rate i get like lag and coal

you been saying how its not foot control but this was your first bit of info ^^^^^^
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sorry Tom but as everyone has said, right foot control, when I had my t25 11mm xud I could happily drive it with very little / no smoke and it was running a lot of fuel
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by: