Ecu remap frustraition

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ecu remap frustraition
Rainbow 
Hi guys

I first took it on to to get my remap and I ordered a kwp2000+ and i borrowed a old laptop from work as im a computer techy and boshed xp on her fresh install and tested all hardware so far all good! got my kwp2000 installed the drivers followed the instructions it got as far as reading the ecu and recognized some various forms of the matrix but wouldn't save my standard map internal hardware error I had no replys out the ebay bum no names mentioned then i got a messege from him today saying he will send me out a new unit that will be tested But..... I had already ordered a galetto 1260 as i was in rage quit mode already thought stuff it and get a new cable anyways.

I got my galleto 1260 today thinking all peaches and gravey for save measures id reinstalled xp again just so there couldnt be any conflicts between the two devices drivers installed followed the instructions once again and ive had various errors turn off for 10 seconds, cant open ports

And ive followed the guides from hdi-tuning.co.uk

Im getting to the point of ripping hair out or have i just been unlucky and 2 deffictive devices ? or is my ecu being like an enigma code ?Censored

ive removed my cd player and amp from the battery made sure fans are turned off even put the battery charger to make sure she has enough juice and even stolen my dads new battery for his hdi today aswell.

Any input would be much appreciated and ive done flashing before with different cables and software and never had a issue Angry

This is what its been like
[Image: jiFfM.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wow.. thats pretty bad luck! Imo.. get the seller to send you out another kwp and see if you get any luck there, do you have any generic obd code reader you could use to check the ports not dodgy?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I know... Yeah the seller just contacted me and is going to send me a new unit im going to have abit more of a play with the galetto im going to check with my other laptop that she does read with my generic odb 2 reader. I take it im pretty stuffed if my port is shafted :/

(25-06-2013, 10:28 PM)mitsirfishi Wrote: I know... Yeah the seller just contacted me and is going to send me a new unit im going to have abit more of a play with the galetto im going to check with my other laptop that she does read with my generic odb 2 reader. I take it im pretty stuffed if my port is shafted :/

eml 327 generic reader works fine registered that the egr was disconnected and something else regarding a glow plug but fine other than that.
Thanks given by:
Have you let XP update itself first? Might be compatibility issues between the most recent drivers and an old version of xp.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(26-06-2013, 08:27 AM)Poodle Wrote: Have you let XP update itself first? Might be compatibility issues between the most recent drivers and an old version of xp.

Yep on both occasions ive done all the microsoft updates i had done a low level format on the HDD to erase any content.
Thanks given by:
Feck knows then, if the other readers work ok with your obd port then the galletto/kwp should be fine too. Fingers crossed for the replacement then!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It might even be something stupid like thé baud rate is set too low/high
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2013, 09:52 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: It might even be something stupid like thé baud rate is set too low/high

Baud rate ? Ive got a a replacement kwp2000+ I can't seem to get the drivers to install for love nor money now the kline usb driver is fine

In the non plug and play section there is serial with a yellow exclamation mark,

Does anyone have a different set of drivers to get her ass into touch Smile
Thanks given by:
Ah! If you've got that serial with a yellow exclamation mark then that'll be what needs installing, if you still get no luck then I'll send you/upload the drivers I've got.

You've got to install the driver package, then manually point windows at where it's installed and it should work
Thanks given by:
Yeah the problem is it wont let me update that driver or tell it to look at it at a different loaction even uninstalled it and searched for new hardware and new came back.

Yeah if you could send me the drivers you got midnight be much appreiated dude Smile
Thanks given by:
You don't need to update it, literally click that you know where the driver is instead of letting windows choose for you and then select the location. I'm turning on the pc now and then I'll upload the drivers anyway

Attached Files
.zip   Drivers Win98-ME-2K-XP.zip (Size: 192.61 KB / Downloads: 6)
Thanks given by:
There you go mate, just point windows at that folder once you've downloaded it and it should install it perfect
Thanks given by:
Urghhhh still having issues with this :| this is the problem i have with it

[Image: serial1_zps7db41b68.jpg]

[Image: serial3_zpsa0951ca1.jpg]

[Image: serial5_zps1812014a.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm.. none of that looks like it should be, out of curiosity what version of XP is that?

Try uninstalling everything regarding the KWP, then reboot.. plug in the KWP and you should get the diaglog box where windows asks you if you want to search on the net for a driver or install one from a location, then select that driver folder and it should install it properly.. definitely seems like a driver issue though and not a faulty lead tbh!
Thanks given by:
Its a fresh version of windows xp pro Sp3 and a oem license so its not a cracker jacked version.

Ill give it a try the only problem is that the issue with the serial driver doesnt go and if i uninstall it and check for new hardware it
doesnt come back. Ive hunted high and low for a driver but no luck a quicky can kwp work on vista/7 32 bit ?
Thanks given by:
It doesn't work on 7/vista officially, (I can't speak for vista) but I've used the KWP program fine on my W7 ultimate desktop with no issues..
Thanks given by:
Does anyone have a set of drivers for the kwp2000 ??? or
Thanks given by:
Still up there mate ^^^
Thanks given by:
could you extract the drivers you got from your laptop and ill try and apply them to mine ? we have done this method at work with peoples laptops for unusal drivers and stuff its worth a shot

http://www.boozet.org/dd.htm

thanks for all the help you have given me midnight Big Grin
Thanks given by:
All this to do what a 13mm spanner would otherwise achieve Wink
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hahaha, all this for getting windows to do what it's paid for in the first bloody place! lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Dave your a bstard Big Grin
Thanks given by: