Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse
Damn thread doesnt exist!!!

Damn quick for a stage 1! Will be an animal once its ic'd and s2'd!
Thanks given by:
Found out one of the caliper bolts has stripped out the nsf hub. Set to fixing it today, managed to get this far, then opened the package to find this:

[Image: DSC_0156_zps30936a47.jpg]

Hmmm, yeah...

Spent a while trying to find another hub, but there weren't any available at short notice and i need the car back on the road tomorrow morning. So, then this happened:

[Image: DSC_0157_zpsa6d4602f.jpg]

The shed's running like a bag of shit atm anyway, so it can live without it for a couple of days until i sort another hub out.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
lol!

Mind f*ck
Thanks given by:
I was about to ask if you wanted mine..... But then I realised the reason I took it off my car was because the ball joint pinch was ovalled lol! It's worthless now!

Any more power related modifications? Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
After being out last night, have to say it f*cking goes some Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Hahah cheers man, well impressed with what Steve's achieved there.

Just waiting for it to get light atm so i can finish the job before work... Stupid sun, hurry the f*ck up!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've made that mistake before too, getting halfway through a job only to find out someone sent up the wrong part. [Image: fail_smiley.gif]

The noise is indeed likely to be a wheel bearing. My brothers HDi sounds awful at the moment and I can only pinpoint the noise to the passenger wheelarch so i'm strongly suspecting wheel bearing there. I have the same fun job to do soon!
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Haha yeah, should have checked before starting, thatll teach me.

All done now, thankfully, and im still on time for work. Cool
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Um yeah, haha, not really much progress recently. Been distracted by things like new job, other car problems, excuse, excuse, pass the buck, etc... Itwasntme

What i have been doing is building a workbench, should help speed things up in future as i'm going to start some basic fabrication. It's about 3/4 done, currently looks like this:

[Image: DSC_0162_zpsebe19c32.jpg]

Lol...

I've also been doing a hell of a lot of research - a large proportion of my new job involves sitting in cars doing nothing much, so i've been looking into some exterior mods to help with my mpg target. Who can guess what i'm doing with this lot? Rep for anyone who works it out haha!:

[Image: DSC_0164_zps8805877d.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0165_zps3682930e.jpg]

I'll also be treating her to new boots soon, they'll be going on the summer wheels, so need to sort out the spacing. Once the workbench is built i'll be trimming the extended wheelbolts down to the right length and fitting them up. Want to have this lot sorted in time for the lakes meet, break in the fresh rubber properly. And hopefully be able to reveal a couple of the other bits too. Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(30-03-2013, 11:58 AM)Poodle Wrote: I've also been doing a hell of a lot of research - a large proportion of my new job involves sitting in cars doing nothing much, so i've been looking into some exterior mods to help with my mpg target. Who can guess what i'm doing with this lot? Rep for anyone who works it out haha!:

Leaving them behind for weight saving. I win
Thanks given by:
Undertray?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Are you making some kind of epic 306 related bong?
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2013, 12:03 PM)vlj Wrote: Leaving them behind for weight saving. I win

Haha touche! Correct, but not the right answer. Wink

(30-03-2013, 12:17 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Undertray?

Nah, need more measurements and material before i can do that.

(30-03-2013, 12:24 PM)declantg Wrote: Are you making some kind of epic 306 related bong?

No, but that's an amazing idea! ninja
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hmmm... I'm guessing it's something aero related.. rear diffuser?

No need to even make anything guys.. sit in car, smoke, set fans to recirc etc... Wink
Thanks given by:
I'm actually refurbishing my bong this week, 306 stencil? Haha
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Smoothed front bumper?
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2013, 12:59 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Hmmm... I'm guessing it's something aero related.. rear diffuser?

Yes, and no. :p

Do it Dec haha!

(30-03-2013, 01:11 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Smoothed front bumper?

Nope.

Workbench is now finished by the way, so can get back to doing the important stuff, yay!

[Image: DSC_0166_zps13ed2f75.jpg]
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Rear wheel covers? To reduce drag? I know there's a stupid amount of turbulence generated by air hitting the wheels/tyres
Thanks given by:
Some hybrid undertray going on there! How about a redesigned front grill like the VW bluemotions...

Any Vids of the S1 pal?

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Will get someone to vid the stage 1 at the lakes meet, all my mates and i have got is crap phone cameras. Not an undertray, but the other part of your guess is half-way there.

Danny's got the other photo, rear wheel fairings and smooth front wheel covers, repped hahha!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
drs behind the front grille, blown diffuser?

oh and how much spacers do you need, i may have some to sell depending on when my new wheels get here
Thanks given by:
Not yet. Wink

Spacers I've got sorted thanks, 20mm hubcentric all round.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So, the wheel covers have begun:

[Image: DSC_0169_zps7f6b7c3f.jpg]

Workbench is looking a little more complete now too, easily distracted haha. Currently trying to work out how the hell i'm going to mount the rear fairings... Think i've got it covered, but we'll see.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Great for brake cooling
Thanks given by:
That's the wonderful thing about wheel covers - you can take them off. :p
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 05:05 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Great for brake cooling

My thoughts too, I suppose on long distance motorway if driven properly you shouldn't really need to use the brakes at all
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Meh, if the brakes start showing issues i'll stop using the covers, doubt it'll be a problem though. They don't fit my track wheels so no worries there. lol

Have decided my first attempt at fibreglassing is actually a pile of shit, so have just spent a considerable amount on more supplies and am going to be making a proper mould for the second round. Can start thinking about bigger panels if that goes well... ninja
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Today's progress has been better, getting a plug made up for the second attempt at making decent wheel covers. Made a frame with another wheel trim and some cardboard, then fillered over the whole thing. Sanded down, marked low spots and fillered again. Still needs sanding again and possibly more filler before sealing.

[Image: DSC_0173_zps62b7748b.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0170_zpscbd52079.jpg]

Then cut up an old back box for material lol:

[Image: 7ceb9e8f-ea27-42c5-b0a8-3104cdf61fdd_zps6d6268d0.jpg]

And after beating it out flat(ish):

[Image: DSC_0172_zpsb3b30be2.jpg]

Also made a template for the rear wheels fairings, still not 100% on how i'm going to fit them, anyone got any ideas?

[Image: DSC_0174_zpsdddd4083.jpg]
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
How about putting 4 or 5 tabs around the outside then fold them in by 90 degrees then tap through them into the lip that runs around the edge of the arch?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Are you fibre glassing the rear wheel fairings? I had the idea of riveting hinges ant the top then some sort of catch on the lower edges to stop them flapping about. Still something I'd like to do to the nad
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "stock" S16 project Jonny81191 44 12,231 14-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Last Post: procta