Citroen c5 alloy steely things

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citroen c5 alloy steely things
Has anyone got a piccie of these on a 306 ?? And are they 15" or 16 " ??
Thanks given by:
15".

just look like black steels.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
IIRC Scott has them on his 6. Id dig you out a pic but im watching the BTCC.
Thanks given by:
Or they look BADASS if like mine:

[Image: 20130526_190343_zps4662c846.jpg]
(stood infront of lazers)
Thanks given by:
check my thread. ... I'm running them

(23-06-2013, 03:17 PM)gretsch-drummer Wrote: Or they look BADASS if like mine:

[Image: 20130526_190343_zps4662c846.jpg]
(stood infront of lazers)

they look epic... inspiration!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
They're 15s, and I'm running them Smile If you can get a set they're well worth it, they're stupidly light!
Thanks given by:
I want to do what you've done there with the lip just in pharoah gold XD ok defo getting a set !!!
Thanks given by:
Ok so just bought a set £120 is that good Undecided not sure really what these are worth
Thanks given by:
not too bad. Some have paid more... some got them for nothing!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
dont think £120 is bad, seen a set on 106 page for £350!!! i did see some on ebay a few weeks back about £80 tho

Thanks given by:
(24-06-2013, 08:24 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: dont think £120 is bad, seen a set on 106 page for £350!!! i did see some on ebay a few weeks back about £80 tho

Jack is dreaming at that price IMO. Think about £200 is all you want to pay for a good set with good tyres
Thanks given by:
No tyres just the wheels but they in box new from citroen, might get them banded not sure yet but defo getting the gloss black with gold lip
Thanks given by:
Why band them, the point of having these over regular steels is the weight saving.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2013, 04:30 PM)Scott Wrote: Why band them, the point of having these over regular steels is the weight saving.

Bloody hell alright Ed...
Thanks given by:
lol it's like buying carbon fibre door panels and then deciding to fit them with door cards, electric windows and proper glass windows.
Thanks given by:
Can you band alloys? I mean obv it's possible but never really heard of it?
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2013, 05:10 PM)Scott Wrote: lol it's like buying carbon fibre door panels and then deciding to fit them with door cards, electric windows and proper glass windows.

It'd still be lighter than the original door though..

GT spec YO!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I read somewhere that there are 2 versions of these C5 alloys, and that version 2's are the ones to go for?

Is this correct ?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, the earlier ones were prone to cracking.
Thanks given by:
I haven't seen a set up close before so like unsaid I MAY band them of it can be done but looking at the piccies of them there is sufficient enough lip to keep me and my tyre stretch happy

I'm not to fusse on weight saving/ performance I got another car for caning it around in :-) all this is getting are parts to make it look pretty and maybe a stage two when I get intercooler etc fitted just so I can actually overtake without a three mile run up not after saving weight etc it's not gunna be a track machine
Thanks given by:
Then why get them?!?!?!?! Huh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If you plan to band them, why not just get the standard '6 steels?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2013, 09:47 AM)Matt Wrote: If you plan to band them, why not just get the standard '6 steels?

exactly my point?!

Why ruin possibly the lightest 15" wheels ever for the Pug by banding them?! And by not being bothered by weight?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'll buy them off you Smile
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Yeah, seems daft getting them for style...they look like every other steel wheel in the world :S
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Part of me wants you to buy a set with a view to band them, but then my conscience (yes i do have one, occasionally at least) tells me to inform you that they aren't steel, they're nothing like steel, and any attempts to band them will leave you with 8 half-wheels and nothing at all to write home about.

They're a kind of cast ceramic-alloy material that you can't weld a band into. Well you probably could, but finding someone with the tooling and knowledge to do it would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

If you want bands, get proper steels.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2013, 04:21 PM)Jukie88 Wrote: No tyres just the wheels but they in box new from citroen, might get them banded not sure yet but defo getting the gloss black with gold lip
Can you give me the part number, Id bet they aren't that expensive straight from the dealer (not £350 a set expensive anyway)

and for the person talking of banding them I might have a set of 15" 306 steels for sale soon ish if your interested.
Thanks given by:
5401 L7 for the C5 ones, about £60-odd a wheel last I checked. You want the one with "803511" (iirc) stamped in the lip though.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Helpfully pug service box dosent want to give me a price today (although acknowledges the existance of the part.) I get 10% discount at the dealers too if anyone is interested.
Thanks given by:
What J are these ?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Part number for steely centre caps Jukie88 5 1,197 24-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Last Post: sam