Running speaker cable into doors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running speaker cable into doors
I'm going to be putting new speakers and also tweeters into the doors. I've got some Vibe speaker cable so its pretty chunky stuff, looking at the door loom pipe thingy it looks like it'll be almost impossible to run two cables through. How do people do it?!

Thanks, Ben
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
you dont.

im doing this soon.... bit some grommets and drill a hole either side. Buy some cable trunking if feeling flush
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah you cant basically. Its a sealed plug on the loom.

Only way to do it is to drill another hole in the door, another in the body and run a second, smaller cable hose to run cables through.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Make sure you put a little paint on the bare metal once you've drilled, don't want rust appearing!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks guys. What can I get to attach the trunking to either side to keep it in place?
Thanks given by:
get a good fitting grommet. ...They won't go anywhere
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Quite a bit of metal to drill through on the car side! there shouldn't be any wires or anything in there should there? Just above the bottom door hinge..
Thanks given by:
nah. all good
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just use small cable ties to attach it to the current loom.
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 10:36 PM)Rich306 Wrote: Just use small cable ties to attach it to the current loom.

that will work but it will look pretty poor
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Tuck it behind and you won't notice. Especially if you use small cable ties.
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
I drilled a hole through an empty terminal in the plug, all the way through the resin sealant at the back, then ran a wire through that, just leave a bit of slack in the trunking so you can pull the plug apart. Just hop you never have to remove the door or you will have to re run the wire for your speakers...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 10:36 PM)Rich306 Wrote: Just use small cable ties to attach it to the current loom.

This would still require holes drilled though would it not?
Thanks given by:
exactly
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2013, 07:45 AM)Grant Wrote: I drilled a hole through an empty terminal in the plug, all the way through the resin sealant at the back, then ran a wire through that, just leave a bit of slack in the trunking so you can pull the plug apart. Just hop you never have to remove the door or you will have to re run the wire for your speakers...

I'll have a look, I usually break those type of plugs though when I try to undo them! What size cable did you manage to fit through it? I have 2 double cables..
Thanks given by:
What I've done on mine was to go through the big rubber grommet thats part of the door loom, just to one side of the loom and then got it in to the door thought the gap above the door strap.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Speaker Dimensions puglife306 5 3,543 30-09-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Frosty
  Easiest way to get speaker wires into the doors? JTaylor2005 6 1,961 30-03-2015, 09:45 PM
Last Post: MisterGTR
  Running audio cable? JTaylor2005 9 2,496 14-12-2014, 12:17 AM
Last Post: JTaylor2005