Swapping Ecu

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swapping Ecu
Basically if I were to buy a new Ecu from another hdi would I need to get it coded to the car keys or immobiliser etc etc not sure how it works ?? As I want to buy another Ecu as mine has a hairline crack can I just get it and plug it in and itl work ???
Thanks given by:
You'll need the chips, barrel ring, bsi and ecu iirc.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
What's the bsi ??
Thanks given by:
You don't need the barrel ring that's just a generic part and not coded to anything.

What year is the car as there are two systems, pre and post electric fuel heater. The two systems have other differences also like the doser for the EGR.

BSI is the body system interface. it basically controls things like the central locking, immobiliser and other things. It can only be coded to one ECU.
Thanks given by:
^^^ Thats to do with whether its a half mux ecu, the half mux ones have 3 plugs on the ecu, the non mux ones are single plug...

You can de-immobilise the ecu, it'll need to be sent away to have done. Single plug immo off is quite easy tbf... Three plug is a twat.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
It's the one big single plug mines a v reg and the car I want the Ecu off is an x reg but just found out its been remapped will this cause any issues ??
Thanks given by: