306 ph2 1.9 remote central locking not working

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 ph2 1.9 remote central locking not working
Hi everyone
had my 306 a little over a month now, and since i've bought it remote locking hasnt worked. The central locking works fine with the key, but not the buttons.

At first I thought maybe the batteries? but then remembered i had 2 keys with the car and neither work, possibly both keys are knackered or is it likely to be something else?

Dont wanna risk anything as i've read things about having to reprogram them etc?

Any info much appreciated Big Grin

Andy
Thanks given by:
Probably need resynced there is a guide somewhere
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
batteries changed, tried reprogramming via various guides still no joy?

Should the light on the key flash when buttons are pressed or no? Cant get any life out of her!

Cheers, Andy
Thanks given by:
Is there a light on the key??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Update:
Put my new batteries into my other key that i got with the car, programmed it following the guides around and it works, however it locks the car then immedietely unlocks, the drivers door doesnt lock/unlock with the others when it does this.

Am i right thinking the car thinks one of the doors isnt shut right correctly so unlocks again?

Cheers, Andy
Thanks given by:
If the drivers door doesnt lock when you use the key, but others try and unlock again its likely to be the problem.

Try the loom between door and body, wires often break in there.

If thats ok, check the C/L motor in the door is getting the voltage signal, if so, new motor.

All should be sorted then.

Its unlocking again because the one door isnt locking!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
when i use key in drivers door all doors unlock/lock as normal, but when i use remote, all doors lock then quickly unlock, but the drivers pin doesnt move, hope that makes sense Big Grin

does it sound as if i need to check the c/l electrics under rear seat??

Will have a gander in door now Smile

Cheers

Update:
When i use key in passenger door, same as when using the remote, 3 doors lock then quickly unlock, no movement with drivers door pin.

Does this narrow down where a fault lies?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
do/check what I just said!!?

Of course it works when you use the key, because you are manually locking the drivers door

I would stab at motor or wiring
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hi wiring looks in good shape? it seems really random;

Key works fine in drivers door, unlocks/locks all doors as it should
Key in passenger door same as using remote, locks then unlocks instantly but no movement with drivers door pin
Remote locking same as above, locks then unlocks instantly, no movement with drivers pin

locking with key, then unlocking with remote keeps drivers door locked; but opens other 3
unlocking after above with remote, unlocks same 3 doors, drivers stays locked, to do this same button on remote unlocks/locks? the small button doesnt do anything?

The key will work fine, so im not totally buggered just want to get it working, not had a car with RCL!

Cheers
Thanks given by:
So you have peeled back the loom between the door and chassis and theres no broken wires?

And you've checked the voltage going to the driver door lock motor???
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hi again:

Had a peek peeled the rubber grommet back as far as i could (albeit not very far :/) and everything looked untouched and as new really, might take door off to get a proper good look at them though as limited access.

as for checking voltage no i havent, not got voltmeter to do it buddy, next time brother pops up i cando though!

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Unscrew the plug from the door so you can pull the rubber cover all the way up hae a proper gander every 306 has had problems there

One of them if you opened the door as far as it would go the window wouldn't work but if you opened it till it locked open it would work

Peugeot wiring and electrics arnt brilliant
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Either driver door motor broke or its those wires. More than likely the door loom is bust! Like said above unscrew it and take it off then peel the rubber boot right back thats generally where they break.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
update:
finally had bit of time so took door off, pulled rubber right back, white wire was broken, re soldered, window now works with door open (which it didnt before) however same issue with central locking,

any idea's what to go for next? :o

thanks in advance Big Grin
Thanks given by:
no ideas anybody?? :/
Thanks given by:
I've just sorted the door piller loom out. But still the central locking motor not working to.
Thanks given by:
I got the central locking working in the end. I put anther door piller loom in. So that sorted out afew things. The central locking still wouldn't work. So I got anther motor connected it to the loom connector and it worked fine.

You could lock the doors on the driver side only manual with the key due to that motor not working. But could open and close the others once the driver door was locked using the remote. But the driver side wouldn't with the remote due to the motor.

So now I've fitted a new motor on the car its working great now.
Thanks given by:
Its a longshot but you could try disconnecting the battery for 10 mins :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
have you yet tested the motor? as suggested very early on in the thread?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
central locking motor meaning the actuator which moves the mechanism? or the whole unit? not too familiar with the 306 yet!

Piggy how would i go about checking the voltage?? again not something ive done before,

had a look behind door card other day and i could hear something trying to move in the drivers door when i locked doors using remote, which to me would suggest power is going to the motor??

Cheers, and sorry if im asking basic Q's lol!

Andy,
Thanks given by:
yup little actuator in the door.

get it out but keep it plugged in and try it again.

cheap from scrappy if need to replace
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
cool thanks for your help,

this is the part right?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-O-...258wt_1255

I was trying to remove the plug when i had the card off, is it like pushed through the connector 90degrees to the pins sorta thing? so it pulls out then the connection can part right?

And to get the motor out, few fixings on pillar and unhook the handle etc?
Once out, try locking and see if it moves?

thanks
Thanks given by:
dont remember mine looking like that but its been a while

yeah whip it out and have a look see
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 10:05 PM)Andy annear Wrote: cool thanks for your help,

this is the part right?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-O-...258wt_1255

I was trying to remove the plug when i had the card off, is it like pushed through the connector 90degrees to the pins sorta thing? so it pulls out then the connection can part right?

And to get the motor out, few fixings on pillar and unhook the handle etc?
Once out, try locking and see if it moves?

thanks

The motor you listed there looks the same as mine on a 306 hdi 1999.

The plug connector has a red plastic bit on the top you need to move that up. Then it will release the connector out. I used a small flat screw driver to get the connector up. Then a long nose plier to lift it up more.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 2,106 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,267 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,604 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306