help wanted please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help wanted please
Hi guys im looking forsomeone close to basingstoke with an air compresor that could possibly give me a hand doing my valve stem seals idealy someone who has done it befor please im pretty confident in doing it just dont have the tools to do it and dont want so pull the head off so if you can help me id apretiate it thanks...
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
why you need an air compressor?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2013, 03:48 PM)Piggy Wrote: why you need an air compressor?!

If you place the compresor on the sparkplug holes keep it at 100psi it will keep you valve shut and prevent it from dropping down in to the chamber..but if you know how to do it with the peice of rope/string id be glad of the help..
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
I like that, neat trick Smile

Be doing it on mine when they inevitable end up like Niall's old car haha
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
You have to have dang good valve seals for it to work mind
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I dont know weather to leave it as it is only two that r going and there not bad just a slither of oil now an again...do u guys know if the seals are prone to poping out..???.just abit strange how only two r going im woundering if they might of worked lose or summin...
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
what engine are we referring to?

...i see, a 1.4

seriously.

a 1.4 in a 306 engine bay...head on/off job done in under 4hours. the timing is so easy and the headbaskets are prone on them anyway so if you guna faff around with doing the seals, may aswell do a decent job and have peace of mind.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2013, 05:04 PM)Piggy Wrote: what engine are we referring to?

...i see, a 1.4

seriously.

a 1.4 in a 306 engine bay...head on/off job done in under 4hours. the timing is so easy and the headbaskets are prone on them anyway so if you guna faff around with doing the seals, may aswell do a decent job and have peace of mind.

Yeh i know what ya mean i dont however have the tools avalible to do it and the timing may be easy for someone who knows what they are doing iv never had an engine apart i can do everything else but nnever pulled an engine apart...
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by: