Flame Red S14 Zenki

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flame Red S14 Zenki
So..! The car comes off the road for a month tomorrow for welding, under seal, general tidying and MoT.

For that reason i drove it to work today. Wink

[Image: a8yrehab.jpg]

Also, after learning (the hard way) that a set of tyres doesn't last 30 minutes drifting I popped up to Bristol last night and bought a spare set of wheels for the girl:

[Image: zy9uhere.jpg]

That's about it for now!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
30 minz drifting wish mine lasted that long lol

I'm also trying to stock pile wheels got 50 tyres and only 7 rims Sad
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2014, 08:47 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: 30 minz drifting wish mine lasted that long lol

I'm also trying to stock pile wheels got 50 tyres and only 7 rims Sad

Heh. Blush

I've got 4x18's 8x16's now. Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
So failed on rust for MOT, which was what I was expecting as the rear drivers side arch is looking pretty bad!

Also failed on rear shock not being secure (just needs tightening with C spanner) and brake pipes not being secure on the front.

So it's being left with them for welding.

Cars now off the road for the month whilst it gets welded and then I'll tidy it and put it back on the road September time.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2014, 03:38 PM)silverzx Wrote: Cars now off the road for the month whilst it gets welded and then I'll tidy it and put it back on the road for chronic driftz, lots of bwwwapppps, much wheel smoke, and an inevitable front end fallout with a rock up the gorge.

EFA there for you Blush
Thanks given by:
Looks like theres loads of room to work in that engine bay D: Wish there was that much room on a 306!
Thanks given by:
Love this!! What size tyres? I have a set of 225/40/18 here virtually brand new budgets. One has a screw in ιt but held air.. 90 for the 4
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2014, 10:41 AM)Jonny b Wrote: Love this!! What size tyres? I have a set of 225/40/18 here virtually brand new budgets. One has a screw in ιt but held air.. 90 for the 4

Cheers dude!

Ah not after any tyres, I just use part worns from work!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
MOT is all done, cars back on the road!

A friend of mine have it a deep clean today which included paint renovator, polish and wax.

I also did / fitted:
- mist washer jets
- re secured FMIC with stronger bolts
- fitted driftworks handbrake button
- Lowered car considerably more
- replaced crap D1 nuts with alloy nuts
- removed recirc valve and bunged (pigeon mod)
- sanded indicators down
- removed spoiler
- removed bumper washer jets
- re sprayed windscreen wipers black
- debadged rear end
- fitted front speakers
- re routed boost gauge and controller piping

And some pictures:

[Image: 931ccd7250fe7c6a1d4bcb2d14dc397c.jpg]

[Image: ca31ca0804271031e357a65af2ee29fc.jpg]

[Image: da3322c5a808de8a1a3798fb0ded24a4.jpg]

[Image: 34846c6dfe3ea9c81c7fae4559cf9963.jpg]

[Image: d3a6d01eaf7c00fd759be42ecb0ebf08.jpg]

[Image: 409f3fd162b9e970655931be1185c656.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
she's smartened up. only one thing to pick at...that bonnet Undecided
Thanks given by:
Looks great! Much tidier thatn pictures I had seen before. Still dont like the alloys though D:
Thanks given by:
Looks a lot tidier than when I saw it last, nice one!
Thanks given by:
Cheers Mark, Sam & Paul.

Sam, the alloys are cheap, plentiful and actually pretty good for drifts as there quite light and skinny compared to many 17's / 18's.

Update, fitted the welded diff, what a difference, feel like a DK boss man now. Big Grin

[Image: IMG_1610.jpg]

Also fitted some clear indicators to the front bumper, makes a nice difference if you ask me!

[Image: IMG_1567.jpg]

In other news, got the aluminium FAT-BOY size radiator fitted nicely with new silicone water hoses, fresh coolant, and luxury cable ties. Wink

[Image: IMG_1693.jpg]

A very short clip with the GoPro wanna-be cheap thing just to show quality of videos at night in poor lighting. Sorry I mean I found this random video of some geezer in a very similar car to mine.. Blush

Lastly, refitted a spare wheel and a few essential tools.

Next thing to do is sort out my 18's and relocate the battery further to the boot.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Looks like some good progress. I need to find a drift slag to have a go in!
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2014, 08:46 AM)SRowell Wrote: Looks like some good progress. I need to find a drift slag to have a go in!

Cheers Sam, yours has come a long way too!

But yeah, buy a 323/325/328 for £500, spend £500 on sl@gging it up,

You know you want too..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Bought a brand new Toyota battery and relocated battery to boot:

[Image: IMG_2099.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Fabricated a new positive cable for her as the old one snapped!

[Image: IMG_2181.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Got my nice meaty 500A / 75mm2 earth cable on last night, has solved all starting issues.

Currently acquiring parts for my hydraulic hand brake.. ninja
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Is a hydraulic handbrake road legal? I thought it had to be mechanical for emergencies if the hydro system fails?
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2014, 12:58 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Is a hydraulic handbrake road legal? I thought it had to be mechanical for emergencies if the hydro system fails?

Perfectly legal providing you have a mechanical hand brake as well.

The hydro would loose pressure over time and therefore not be effective for long term braking e.g. on a hill.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2014, 12:58 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Is a hydraulic handbrake road legal? I thought it had to be mechanical for emergencies if the hydro system fails?

No its not, with the rallying we had to have both
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2014, 01:28 PM)silverzx Wrote:

Perfectly legal providing you have a mechanical hand brake as well.

The hydro would loose pressure over time and therefore not be effective for long term braking e.g. on a hill.

Ah I see, didn't realise you were keeping the other one lol!
Thanks given by:
Ok, so since my last update have fitted braided DW brake lines, a hydro with DW lines, serviced with a K&N filter and Fuchs Titan 10w50!

I went to a little drift practice day (skid risk @ birmingham) and it went really well.

I managed to get a couple of clips of me having a go at skid risk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuI12ItS...qloEbVD50w

Managed to snap two Milkalor clamps on FMIC so have went for jubilees this time.

It also looks like I've sourced a 3.9 and a 4.1 diff (both welded). Will be tidying them up and inspecting before fitment (going for the 4.1 for this car).
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Only just seen this thread !

Great work and awesome drifting in the videos,had you ever drifted before You started this project?

Always wanted to get a cheap bemmer and give it a go.Your s so tail happy did ever use the handbrake to get it going?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Lol at the editing in that video, almost makes you look half decent. Tongue

How on earth did those clamps snap?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(12-02-2015, 07:01 AM)Poodle Wrote: How on earth did those clamps snap?

becauseracecar
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2015, 04:42 PM)7057sam Wrote: Only just seen this thread !

Great work and awesome drifting in the videos,had you ever drifted before You started this project?

Always wanted to get a cheap bemmer and give it a go.Your s so tail happy did ever use the handbrake to get it going?

Cheers dude, no I only started giving it a go when I got this car.

Personally if I could do it again I'd probably start with a BMW 323/325/328/330 as you can pick them up a lot cheaper and some people would argue its easier drifting a grunty 6 cyl N/A against a 4 cyl turbo.

Genereally clutch kick and flicking for all up hill stuff, flat and down hill initiate with hydro with clutch kick and flick.

(12-02-2015, 07:01 AM)Poodle Wrote: Lol at the editing in that video, almost makes you look half decent. Tongue

How on earth did those clamps snap?

Heh, I snapped another last night, that's the 3rd one now... Mikalors are shit.

(12-02-2015, 07:06 AM)lolsteve Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 07:01 AM)Poodle Wrote: How on earth did those clamps snap?

becauseracecar

This ^.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
You I am thinking of a 330 d atm been I my mates and has a nice wedge of toque standard which helps keep it sidewalls.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2015, 09:00 AM)7057sam Wrote: You I am thinking of a 330 d atm been I my mates and has a nice wedge of toque standard which helps keep it sidewalls.

Fair enough, 330D isn't going to be the  cheapest drifty car in the world.

The petrol 6 cylinders are a lot more "out the box" ready for battering, as you'll be near the redline most of the time.

Drifting diesels can definately be done but as far as bang per buck goes you can't beat a petrol for it.

If your not doing it on a budget then go for it!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
If you're looking for a drift bimmer, then look to the E36's unless you want to spend a lot. But because of this they're going up in money now, so getting something like a 318 and then picking up a 2.8 lump with an LSD or welder is the best option.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by: