Court summonds No insurance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Court summonds No insurance
Got stopped in the partners car and found to have no insurance, She is covered by 3rd party on other vehicles on her own policy, however instead of adding me to hers i added her to mine by mistake and ofcourse didnt actually check the documents when they come just threw them in the files. So got stopped on time, checked ect ect and car got seized, recovered it the next day tho.

Anyway got my summonds tho but they have got the reg of the car wrong. I have no idea of what car it even is. How can i find this out without contacting the DVLA? Now ofcourse what do i do about this? There bound to say well even tho its wrong you were still not insured to drive that vehicle either. I highly doubt they will just throw it out as its only the last letter of the reg thats incorrect.

Peoples advice?

Thanks
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2013, 08:15 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: Got stopped in the partners car and found to have no insurance, She is covered by 3rd party on other vehicles on her own policy, however instead of adding me to hers i added her to mine by mistake and ofcourse didnt actually check the documents when they come just threw them in the files. So got stopped on time, checked ect ect and car got seized, recovered it the next day tho.

Anyway got my summonds tho but they have got the reg of the car wrong. I have no idea of what car it even is. How can i find this out without contacting the DVLA? Now ofcourse what do i do about this? There bound to say well even tho its wrong you were still not insured to drive that vehicle either. I highly doubt they will just throw it out as its only the last letter of the reg thats incorrect.

Peoples advice?

Thanks

www.askmid.com

Will show up on there if the reg they put down is insured.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
IIRC they changed the law so you couldnt get off on little technical errors like someone having copied the VRM wrong.

Ask Matt, I'm sure i saw it in his thread
Thanks given by:
I think you'll get 6 points
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2013, 08:18 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: IIRC they changed the law so you couldnt get off on little technical errors like someone having copied the VRM wrong.

Ask Matt, I'm sure i saw it in his thread

Not so sure, i did a job for an officer a week ago who was moaning about the number of people that get off on technicalities still.

If the case says you were driving "XXXX XXX" with no insurance.. you're not guilty, fact.

If the case says you were driving A car with no insurance, you're guilty.

You can argue you weren't driving that car with no insurance, because you genuinely weren't driving that car. In essence, it's like them saying "you stand trial for the murder of Joe Bloggs. OWAIT, no actually it wasn't Joe Bloggs, it was someone else". You still murdered that person, but it wasn't Joe Bloggs.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2013, 08:21 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Not so sure, i did a job for an officer a week ago who was moaning about the number of people that get off on technicalities still.

Yeah but scottish law is different to england/wales law
Thanks given by:
I have been on ASKMID it says the reg is not insured but it does not show any details of the car like make or model

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
Thanks given by:
Get a insurance quote on it that will tell you
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Or try mycarcheck?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Put the reg in to the eurocarparts site, that then brings back make and model
Thanks given by:
Or maybe that reg doesnt exist.

Getting done for driving a non-existing car without insurance
Thanks given by:
Shows up as non existant so not sure what to do. The reg is also wrong on his personal statement

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
Thanks given by:
Minor technicalities aside, were you guilty or not?

Will this fall under the newer, higher fine for no insurance?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
There was 6 mistakes in my case.

Still got 3 points and £105 fine. The way the judge saw it was mistakes or not I was still guilty. Thought f*ck. Pleaded guilty and it didn't come out as bad as what it could have
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Speak to a lawyer?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2013, 06:38 PM)Connor Wrote: Speak to a lawyer?

This.

In my head, if they're trying to prosecute you for driving a certain car with no insurance, and that car doesn't even exist, the case surely falls flat on its face? To then say "yeah well, you were driving a car with no insurance" would lead to a separate case.

I can't recall a time in British Law where they've accused someone of something, got it wrong, then in the same case gone "oh well you were definitely guilty of something else so we'll prosecute for that instead"

What does the actual Court Summons say, word for word, in relation to the offence?

Actually, scrap that

Clicky

Looks like any minor mistakes in things like the reg details etc can be amended under the slip rule as long as it bears no effect on the outcome. Wouldn't matter what the reg was in that case, as it doesnt matter what car you drive with no insurance, it's the same NIP on offer. You wouldnt get fined more for driving a Merc than a Vauxhall, so they can amend the statements and summons as and when they see fit. If it was the speed, for instance, they got wrong, then yes it could be thrown out, but it would appear an incorrect VRM makes no difference to trying to squirm out of it.

Sorry mate, doesn't look good
Thanks given by:
Tecnically yes i was guilty as we got the policy information mixed up so my partner was on my policy and 3rd party cover on her own where it should have been me on hers so we were covered on both. Wanted to know if i was to plead not guilty if it was the wrong vehicle to save the ballache of going to court about it but i guess if i do go in person i can take both policys and explain that to them in person. The officer that did stop me was quite helpful and understood the fact it was a mistake as it was only in May and we had both had policys out on our own cars since November and me January but her company were just completely unhelpful over the phone at the time as she was not present

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
Thanks given by:
They are always trying to keep the working man down in this country! Why are they so pedantic about insurance anyway. If you are caught driving without insurance and it is obvious that it wasn't delibrate then they should just give you a slapped wrist! They come down hardest on the most honest people! It's a disgrace!
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2013, 09:02 PM)306Puggy Wrote: They are always trying to keep the working man down in this country! Why are they so pedantic about insurance anyway. If you are caught driving without insurance and it is obvious that it wasn't delibrate then they should just give you a slapped wrist! They come down hardest on the most honest people! It's a disgrace!

Not sure if serious or...?

You can make anything look obviously an accident. Just depends how good your acting skills are..
Thanks given by:
Well like I said, they are too pedantic over little legal things rather than actual safety.
Thanks given by:
Right but in the event he DID crash.. he'd be uninsured. I'm sure the other party would be completely understanding when their insurance refuses to pay out and their £30k BMW is written of, yeah?
Thanks given by:
insurance should be provided exclusively by the government and should enable you to drive any car 3rd party imho . . the situation is bullshit, the law requires you to have insurance, what would you do for arguments sake if it became unprofitable and no private companies did it? . .far fetched i know but that's the kind of mind i have . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2013, 09:02 PM)306Puggy Wrote: They are always trying to keep the working man down in this country! Why are they so pedantic about insurance anyway. If you are caught driving without insurance and it is obvious that it wasn't delibrate then they should just give you a slapped wrist! They come down hardest on the most honest people! It's a disgrace!

(17-06-2013, 09:05 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Well like I said, they are too pedantic over little legal things rather than actual safety.

You don't half make ridiculous, uninformed statements.

silly little boy
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2013, 09:22 PM)Fooby Wrote:

(17-06-2013, 09:05 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Well like I said, they are too pedantic over little legal things rather than actual safety.

You don't half make ridiculous, uninformed statements.

silly little boy

because Troll Foobs . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
because moron more like.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
How am I trolling? Just telling it like it is. Dunno who that new guy thinks he is to call me uninformed...
Thanks given by:

Think my arse produces less shit than you do.

Insurance is very important. Im sure you would be f*cked off if someone uninsured hit your car and wrote it off.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Tbh if you can prove its a genuine mistake then I think they should go slightly easier on you.

But that said, still no insurance is no insurance and that's how it's always gunna be seen
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by: