Engine "ticking"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine "ticking"
Engine seems to be ticking these past few weeks, sounds like a 1.1 ford fiesta any ideas what it could be?
Oil level is fine.
Its been running a hard tune for about 20k now on a td04l and 11mm pump but ive only noticed the annoying ticking recently.
Thanks given by:
Timing changed on the pump at all? Any noticed difference in performance ?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Does it always do it or does it dissapear when you press on the clutch?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Increases with revs but its hard to tell after about 1500rpm cos the exhaust noise drowns it out.
Changed the timing there a few times recently but its definitely not that as it was doing it before any timing changes.
Thanks given by:
Shagged injector? Undo the injection lines and see if it disappears on one cylinder.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Hmmmm, could be ruan. Might explain why i think its going like crap at the minute! (Could also be me getting used to the POWAAA).
Doesnt happen at idle though, only when the engine is under load so will i not get diesel everywhere if im undoing injector pipes?!
Thanks given by:
A bit, but it'll soon go away Wink
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
20k since you had it with all setups, or 20k on the td04? If so, thats pretty impressive Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Probably 10k on td04 and 10k on the k14/gt15.
Its on 180k now.

Any thoughts on the ticking darren?
Thanks given by:
Are you able to post up a video? I've found that when my injectors have gotten to a fuk-a-doodle-doo'd point, they make a unique metalic knock/tick.. Has it been getting louder? Are you sure its not present faintly at idle - hidden behind the xud grumble?
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Probably is novos but as you can imagine its not clear over the rattle of the xud.
Il stick a screwdriver to the injector and listen to see if ones louder than the others...
Thanks given by:
They all seem to make a metallic knock when i stick an ear to a screwdriver and listen to the injectors. They all have different tones though?
Thanks given by:
Turned out it was a blowing turbo to fanimold gasket. Easy fix!
Thanks given by:
Good... so it lives on Smile
JP
Thanks given by:
For now lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnosing engine ticking... Ben 4 1,178 30-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Jenkosowls