Anyone see anything wrong with this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone see anything wrong with this?
Anyone see anything wrong with this footage from 1:20 onwards round the roundabout? And before anyone points it out no need to knock a bit of Chesney!
Basically when I got to the respite centre I was going to, some woman hopped out of the car screaming I cut her up on the Sainsburys roundabout (in footage) I told her to do one (not allowed to be nasty seeing as am contracted to the council) nowt wrong with my manoeuvre round that roundabout an if she has a problem to call number on side of the bus..... well she only bloody did!
Thanks given by:
dont wana play?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeh still uploading sorry, bloody slow connection!

There we go should be ready to view now.
Thanks given by:
I have no idea what I'm looking at? It's a video of you driving a bus? Where's the controversy then?
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
what car was the woman driving?
and which of the two roundabouts is sainsburys roundabout?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I carnt see any thing wrorg apart from the very last bit of the video we're you go on the wrong side of the road to get past standing traffic.

Thanks given by:
(16-06-2013, 06:59 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: I carnt see any thing wrorg apart from the very last bit of the video we're you go on the wrong side of the road to get past standing traffic.

yeah thats why I asked about which roundabout was sainsburys and what car the woman was in.

but in general your lane discipline and following distances etc are very nice compared to most bus drivers I see
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Assuming it's the first roundabout (at 1:20, as you stated), and assuming you did "cut her up", she would have been already on the roundabout/coming from the right, unfortunately the camera angle isn't wide enough for us to see what's already on the roundabout so can't really say if you did anything wrong! But as already stated, all your distances seem good to me!
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeh it's the first roundabout, the second one is a pain every afternoon so it just makes for better progress if its clear to hop around the queue to get to the second lane seeing as am taking the third. The woman was in the silver zafira, when we got to the centre she came charging over giving it loads, all I can see is she was in a mood cause I got around the roundabout quicker than her, but being in the lane I was it was just smooth all the way round, she's the one who had to cross a lane to make the exit like the passat did, just so happens I was there first.
Gona be hauled in the office over it anyway, and cause she's council staff (and they hate us anyway cause we're private sector) the louder she shouts the more crap it'll cause for me regardless of rights or wrongs.
Thanks given by:
in which case she is in the wrong

road principles state that if you are following the road ahead...which you both were...then you should proceed in the left hand lane UNLESS otherwise indicated by road markings and signs (for instance a left only lane)....

which there isnt.

so both the passat and zafira were in the wrong lane
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ah yes, I see now - she was alongside you going on to the roundabout. In which case no, you did nothing wrong, lane 2 merges in to lane 1, there was no reason for her to be in lane 2 as lane 1 was empty. In fact, you're right, the Passat was also in the wrong lane. Really bugs me when people try to shoot down the outside and then cut in at the front and just expect you to let them. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for using both lanes, but don't just assume you should be let back in again!
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
She's council staff? Prosecute her for abusing you in the line of duty and anything else you can think of, there's no plague or pestilence on this green earth worse than council staff, never met a decent one in my entire life. All nasty little jumped up arseholes with the social grace of duckweed.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I see what you mean, from that footage obviously she's in the wrong! You were in the lane you were supposed to be in, she was in the wrong lane and tried cutting across! So how can she complain? And from that footage surely your bosses can see she was in the wrong and nothing can be done/said to you can it?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
Right, from what I can see of the roundabout sign at 1:15, you're coming off the third exit, basically straight on, there's a fourth exit further round, which would appear to be a "right turn" when you look at the roundabout from where you're approaching.

I was always taught when driving that, if there's two lanes approaching a roundabout, the left lane is for turning left and going straight on (ie. your exit) and the right lane is for the "right" turn. Given the lack of road markings it's a tough one to argue, but theoretically anyone in the right lane who wants to take your exit will need to cut across the outer lane of the roundabout to turn off, hence needing to give way to anyone in your lane.

The fact your exit is only really one lane makes it a tight squeeze, but as you both work in the area you will both know the road layout, neither of you can plead "oh i didnt know the area" and she certainly can't say she didn't expect anyone in your lane.. you arent the only one doing it.

Personally if I got hauled in for that i'd be giving both barrels. The footage shows nothing wrong and it sounds like she was looking for a scapegoat to vent some hot air. Road markings would benefit people MASSIVELY in those situations, at the moment it looks to be down to common sense until some white arrows dictate what is right and wrong. And common sense states that she should look out of her nearside mirror before manouvering off the roundabout. Y'know, like we're all taught to...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2013, 08:35 AM)Poodle Wrote: She's council staff? Prosecute her for abusing you in the line of duty and anything else you can think of, there's no plague or pestilence on this green earth worse than council staff, never met a decent one in my entire life. All nasty little jumped up arseholes with the social grace of duckweed.

Oi, I used to work for the council...

Wait, I see your point lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by: