Cyclone Refurb

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyclone Refurb
So most of the alloys on this car are actually in pretty bad shape, bubbles, peeling paint etc. Worst of it can't be seen but i've decided they need re doing. Problem is my dad insists that if I was to paint them any other colour than what they are (silver) then if I curb them the old paint will show through and would look shit... Apparently. I dont agree.

[Image: 1004570_10200558262533455_911332355_n.jpg]

I reckon a white would go well with this, I think if I went black it would be too much black, can you have too much black? Opinions on colour.

My main question is how do I get the best finish from a re spray and would the old silver come through if I curbed them?

(Can someone move this to the "interior, exterior thread" my bad)
Thanks given by:
If you have the reaction from the magnesium in the wheels (what i presume you are referring to as bubbling) then you need to remove it all before re-painting. It will only come back/cause reactions with the new paint.

Of course, if you do not remove all the silver paint then it will be seen if kerbed, but then due to the fact that the metal is silver anyway, any kerbing will show silver, regardless of its origin. Be-it the paint or the actual wheel itself.

Personally I am not a fan of black cyclones, get a nice silver and just freshen them up Smile I think it will be a little too much black going on on your car otherwise.

But that's just my opinion Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
powdercoated white or painted anthracite is my opinion.

not black
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
can't have too much black IMO
Thanks given by:
Powder coated white with a black lion! <3

That's what I want when I have the funds
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  refurb job for a mate! paul7278 19 3,208 11-11-2013, 10:45 PM