Cheap German turbos

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap German turbos
What do people think of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT25-GT28-GT28...256f2b25f0

They make GT series Garrett turbos. Since a T25 is a good size for a "big" turbo on an XUD I am guessing that perhaps a GT25 would also be good? What do people think? And they are German which means they will be top quality unlike the Chinese tat that is glued together.
Thanks given by:
Surely it's bigger/not right for an XUD as everyone seems to use the GT22xx series of turbo.
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 03:07 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Yeah... T25 and gt25 the same... Right

Go to Google
Investigate
Sleep
Investigate more
Google more

Come up with your own conclusions
He never said they were the same?

Do some looking into it, only person I can think of to run a GT25 off the top of my head was JP..
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Jammapic's turbos were "hybrid" turbos which is just a fancy name for components of two different turbos stuck together, one of them being the gt25, not sure what the other half was from, but he charged a lot of money for them so I am guessing they were something more than what you could do at home. I'm still wondering how these German units compare to the Chinese units, or, indeed the Polish/Latvian units.
Thanks given by:
Moved to the correct section.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Jp's turbo was a gt25 cold side and a t2 hot side iirc.

And Popcorn to this thread
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 06:17 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Jp's turbo was a gt25 cold side and a t2 hot side iirc.

Actually just realised it was a hybrid, my bad..

But

Popcorn
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
lol was only a matter of time before he bit tbh. He's like a ticking abuse timebomb.

As for the turbo, there were old GT's and new GT's. They're more complex than just "oh that's a Garrett GT"..
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 06:17 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Jp's turbo was a gt25 cold side and a t2 hot side iirc.

Why did he sell them for so much then if theoretically you could just buy both off the internet and stick them together yourself? There must be more to it.

(15-06-2013, 08:00 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: lol was only a matter of time before he bit tbh. He's like a ticking abuse timebomb.

As for the turbo, there were old GT's and new GT's. They're more complex than just "oh that's a Garrett GT"..

As if it's not complicated already! How can I tell if it is an old one or new one?
Thanks given by:
Cheap Chinese junk.
"Item LOCATED in Germany"
Ive a TD04 located in a garage in Ireland, doesnt mean it was made there.
Thanks given by:
WARNING TO ALL COMPLETE NOOBS READING: THE FOLLOWING IS COMPLETE NONSENSE, AKA SARCASM.

I reckon that's enough trolling, helpful post time. Puggy, you're right about the turbo, we just don't like the way you ask and the idea that you might be smarter than us.

That turbo is probably spot on for these engines if you're going for big power. If you've read the advert you'll have spotted the bit that specifies the ideal engine size as 1.8-3.0l, you want a lot of power from a 1.9, so that's pretty much a perfect match. You'll see the inducer diameter on the turbine is 53.8mm, this is very important - any less than 53mm and it won't make boost, any more than 54.2mm and you'd be lifting the head. If you're looking for other options, bear in mind this rule doesn't apply to any with a 3-bolt flange. It's water-cooled too, which is essential for boosting at over 25psi.

It'd be really good to see someone start using something that involves thinking outside the box, i think it's a poor show that no-one has yet fitted something like this and reaped their just rewards.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(16-06-2013, 08:19 AM)Poodle Wrote: I reckon that's enough trolling, helpful post time. Puggy, you're right about the turbo, we just don't like the way you ask and the idea that you might be smarter than us.

That turbo is probably spot on for these engines if you're going for big power. If you've read the advert you'll have spotted the bit that specifies the ideal engine size as 1.8-3.0l, you want a lot of power from a 1.9, so that's pretty much a perfect match. You'll see the inducer diameter on the turbine is 53.8mm, this is very important - any less than 53mm and it won't make boost, any more than 54.2mm and you'd be lifting the head. If you're looking for other options, bear in mind this rule doesn't apply to any with a 3-bolt flange. It's water-cooled too, which is essential for boosting at over 25psi.

It'd be really good to see someone start using something that involves thinking outside the box, i think it's a poor show that no-one has yet fitted something like this and reaped their just rewards.

Fantastic advice, I have taken out a loan from quickquid and bought one today, hopefully it will be delivered by Wednesday, thanks! I have also found a welder for £120 pounds on ebay which I will be buying to weld up the manifolds and adapters with. Looks like I have spent all of my money I will get from work in advance, oh well! Look out for my project thread coming soon, thanks againThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
CBALOL to even respond.

Just go through the history of all my posts and have a read, I think I've explained every part of a turbocharger in depth at some point, there's only about 3500 to go through...

But there's more to turbos than the compressor wheel and turbine in use.

A WHOLE lot more.

Just go and do some research on what makes turbos tick... Maybe not even from me, there's f*cking LOADS of info out there, especially Diesel specific on various forums!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
quickquid...

there was me thinking this guy wasnt thinking right...

proved me wrong
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Iirc Jps turbo was a t25 inside a t2 housing with 360 Bearing was a long time ago. Sambarker has that turbo now he can confirm it

Either way I'm reading allot of "Ruans done this" "Jamapic did that" and I can see why these guys will be getting pissed off on forums people expecting them to answer things they can't be arsed to research. Or just copying! You don't get things spoon fed to you! research or pay some one like all the 106 kids do!

Then I'm also seeing it needs to be cheap if your modding on a budget your doing it wrong leave it standard. The standard engines can kill them selves let alone bigger turbo ones! once you open them up your risking it and you've only yourself to blame. I was lucky that I ran mine at high boost for a long time and not had any major issues!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 10:28 PM)anto Wrote: Cheap Chinese junk.
"Item LOCATED in Germany"
Ive a TD04 located in a garage in Ireland, doesnt mean it was made there.
correct, the brand is Master Sport and it's VERY cheap Chinese junk
Thanks given by:
*Cleaned*

Almost 2 pages of spam / abuse, seriously guys if you dont like the look of the thread / whats said in it, just leave it !
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
To be fair people say Chinese turbo's are shite but there's videos on youtube of dumb murricans fitting GT30 sized chinese turbos to cars with stupid boost and they run them somehow? I love how the germans still have a reputation of build quality after some of the shit they chuck out of factories lately

But then again, what do i know, i've only got a K14 Tongue
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
The 'mericans probably can run them with low stress since they have huge 7 litre cummins lumps that make lazy power and so they don't need a lot of boost. Also I was reading on a forum about a yank guy rebuilding the turbo just to rebalance it because he reckoned that was the reason that they fail often.
Thanks given by:
and the mericans cars only last a year they fall apart anyhpw
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2013, 02:48 PM)306Puggy Wrote: The 'mericans probably can run them with low stress since they have huge 7 litre cummins lumps that make lazy power and so they don't need a lot of boost. Also I was reading on a forum about a yank guy rebuilding the turbo just to rebalance it because he reckoned that was the reason that they fail often.

have you seen a tuned cummins? those 800+bhp monsters are running at 60psi and more
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Lol, anyone can copy me, I really don't care about copying...

I will literally dish advice out to anyone, maybe not tell them how to do it, but I'll tell people how to do stuff more than most - I get PMs almost daily asking me about various shit and bar few, usually which someone hasn't been arsed to use any grammar or seemingly learnt to operate a keyboard - I will respond to them all - they almost always come out as 2 page long essays to get my point across and my reasoning...

But it really pisses me off when I take the time to write out a really long response, explain everything, then they're just like, nah cba just going to do completely the opposite because I know best... If that's the case, then don't ask for my opinion...

Other thing that irritates me is people regurgitating information that I've said in the past, but applied it to a totally different situation...

JPs turbo for anyone that's interested - as far as I can make out, was a GT series 56mm compressor with a GT25 series turbine wheel - the main point is the housings, the wheels are all well and good, but in the wrong housing, or the housing adjusted wrongly, will cause more issues than anything else.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by: