Goodyear Socket set only 39.99!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodyear Socket set only 39.99!
This looks like a steal for the price:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360671050489?s...1438.l2649
As I've said before I use Draper DIY Series tools from Asda, 3/8 inch ratchet and a bunch of sockets for 6 pounds but I might just buy these Goodyear jobbies! You know it must be good quality because they make good tyres so...
Thanks given by:
This is same as the Rolson one. First set I ever bought ratchet was garbage but everything else was top draw. Good starter kit although for an extra £20 you can get a Halfords kit with life time guarantee.
Thanks given by:
Eugh!!!

Get some Halfords Advanced or some Teng...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Is Goodyear really not well regarded for their tools then? I guess it is hard to top Halfraulds advanced considering how you get a lifetime guarantee with them though and they are open 7 days a week. I just wanted to try something different but it looks like there is literally nothing in the same price range that is as good.
Thanks given by:
Goodyear don't make them there a generic socket set. . . .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/94PC-1-2-1-4-S...58a118ba3c

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEILSEN-1-4-1-...1e70e04c87

Loads more too.

Teng is the way forward though.
Thanks given by:
good year well regarded???? iv never heard of any one using it........ what does that tell you

And if it is rebranded rolson it really isn't worth the time of day

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
How does one find good value quality tools if one can't trust a brand name?
Thanks given by:
Listen to the advice above and buy halfords or teng?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 04:29 PM)306Puggy Wrote: How does one find good value quality tools if one can't trust a brand name?

TBH id just go Halfords, good price yeah you may brake a few things here and there but at the end of the day does it really matter if they will replace it, and usaly no questions asked

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 04:29 PM)306Puggy Wrote: How does one find good value quality tools if one can't trust a brand name?

Thing is bud that's just branding for ya! Unless you go for known quality, dont buy it just because its a well known brand! Yes they make decentish Tyres, don't automatically mean they make a good socket set!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
halfords,Tang,Britool,Gedore,Bahco,Facom,Bergen

i can recommend these names but do remember that good names do make crap tools within there own range
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 03:13 PM)306carter Wrote: This is same as the Rolson one. First set I ever bought ratchet was garbage but everything else was top draw. Good starter kit although for an extra £20 you can get a Halfords kit with life time guarantee.

Not actually sure mate. I just found the Rolson one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROLSON-TOOLS-9...485222a4e1
Look at the straight bit of the ratchet on the Goodyear set compared to the straight bit of the ratchet in the Rolson set:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GOOD-YEAR-TOOL...53f9ab7af9

The Goodyear ratchet looks significantly beefier.
Thanks given by:
Signet ftw.

I have found them always to be excellent quality, close to snap on, for half the price, and with lifetime.

I got/get it all in the trade though, not sure how available it is otherwise

There seems to be a trend with you wanting crap/cheap tools though Puggy....like parts for your car, if its cheap, its generally for a reason
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well, I've never had a bad experience with cheap tools. The Draper DIY series ratchets and sockets have seen me through every job I've done so far. The Halfords Phase spanners have never not once let me down either. The only "premium" tool I have had was a Draper Expert 1/2" breaker bar which the knuckle broke twice and both times Unipart refused to replace the damn thing.

Edit: Looked at some of that Signet stuff and it's not as good value as the Goodyear which I think I might buy. With tools it seems 90% psychological; if people think the tools are good quality then they'll feel more pleasure from using them.
Thanks given by:
Can speak from experience about teng being brilliant quality alright its a little pricey but its worth it

Cheaper sockets and spanners are great for aabuse but not when you want to undo that nut which is about to round off
Thanks given by:
or use a lot...
diy spanners are for diyers.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Halfords socket sets mackat 54 6,890 08-12-2014, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Tool set/socket set advice 306Puggy 45 17,657 28-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Last Post: budd
  Aldi 1/4" drive socket set £18 306Puggy 29 8,350 19-06-2013, 02:57 PM