Peugeot 405 TD04

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 405 TD04
I've been busy ordering a slew of parts, for express delivery to my parcel depot (aka retired parents house). The engine is on 140k, with the last 40k done on veg. I would consider this reasonably low mileage for an XUD, what are people's opinions on replacing the piston rings? I could do without the expense to be honest but I don't want to be taking this all to bits anytime soon.
Thanks given by:
You still got this buddy? What's it looking like nowerdays?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Holy thread revival batman
Thanks given by:
Haha, I can't believe this is a year ago now. It isn't dead, I have an engine built with 4340 forged rods, new block, ARP head studs and an 11mm Bosch, running nicely. I'm building a new axle with 21.3mm bars from a Berlingo, have the struts built, subframe and steering rack assembled. The main obstacle at the moment it the chassis, it's full of rot and I keep finding more. I've been fitting in welding as and when but it's a slow process. Anyone that tells you 405's don't rust is full of shit, they rust like mad but hide it well. When I have something worthwhile I'll stick a project thread up.
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
Did you get the boot floor replaced? I'm looking for a replacement panel for my Mi16. Can't believe you picked yours up for £60. Have you got any photo updates for us?
Thanks given by:
Have done a lot of welding but leaving the boot floor to a professional, should be getting done in a week or 2. Lots of other progress but I'll post it nearer completion Smile I've got a set of OE chassis legs if those are any good to you? Was going to use them myself until a cheap boot floor turned up. They're in my thread in the for sale section.
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
Dean Hunter at peugeotparts.co.uk keeps stock of a lot of OEM repair panels. Managed to get a full front end for my 305
Thanks given by: