members in the army?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
members in the army?
so im just wondering if any of the members here can help me, ive been told you can quite easily get jobs in the army doing engineering ect just wondering how easy it would be and also what goes along with the role if anyone can help me out as ive not had much time to look into it atm just an idea.

thanks ash
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Go along to a recruitment day or recruitment office. The entry test aint hard (a mate of mine is blonde as f*ck and she passed first time) and I think you just select that you wanna do an engineering role.

Nearly joined up myself many years ago, seriously looked at going into REME.
Thanks given by:
Quote:im a combat engineer what would you like to know?
[Image: image_zps738f3eaa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i just wanted to know how long it takes to go through tests/training ect, is it like so many months training and then couple months off, just basic info really guys
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 06:30 PM)the milkman Wrote: i just wanted to know how long it takes to go through tests/training ect, is it like so many months training and then couple months off, just basic info really guys

14 weeks basic training then if you go REME ( Like my self Smile ) its a 6 month mechanic course working on vehicles from landrovers to MAN trucks, then you basically learn on the job. Up the REME!!!
Thanks given by:
Or if you want to join a real corps and do some proper soldiering join the royal engineers and get yourself a trade ranging from a plumber to geographic technican.....
Thanks given by:
^^^^

was going to say; get into the REME, they've got some awesome trades in there, some awesome perks, but i'd strongly advise going in for a recruitment interview and maticulously combe through the description of job roles; speaking from experience, it's sometimes not it's all hyped out to be. Two brothers in the forces and i was aiming to enter into officer rank into the Navy; i know, not the army, but get the information and think hard about it.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 07:33 PM)k3ogh Wrote: Or if you want to join a real corps and do some proper soldiering join the royal engineers and get yourself a trade ranging from a plumber to geographic technican.....

or join the REME and go to a Airborne unit and you'll have plenty of chances to do 'proper soldiering' << lmao
Thanks given by:
Lmao... I really hope you've thought long and hard about joining the Army, I loved my time in; but 80% of the time you are just sitting in the office doing bugger all!

If you want treating better, RAF or Navy is the way to go + better pay
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 09:50 PM)AndyG Wrote: [quote='k3ogh' pid='280825' dateline='1371151990']
Or if you want to join a real corps and do some proper soldiering join the royal engineers and get yourself a trade ranging from a plumber to geographic technican.....

or join the REME and go to a Airborne unit and you'll have plenty of chances to do 'proper soldiering' << lmao
[/

Reme aint proper soldiers joining a airborne unit means youl just work in there workshop and nothing else haha remfs
Thanks given by:
yea i heard about going raf or navy afew times now off people hmmmm i shall look into it more thanks guys
Thanks given by:
If I were you bud, I would go into something you will enjoy. Ignore the rivalry of the different units, if you are gonna put your life on the line then make sure it is something you will like.
Thanks given by:
Only a bit of banter boys Smile but seriously the careers office will offer you good guidance the list of opurtunities is endless!
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 08:30 PM)k3ogh Wrote: Only a bit of banter boys Smile but seriously the careers office will offer you good guidance the list of opurtunities is endless!

That's bollocks!! Lmao, they will tell you any shit to get you to join their regiment. Big Grin
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
Join the RAF. Better pay. Better welfare.

Theirs a saying, the army dig in & the air force check in. To hotels!

If you ever go on excefcise in the army you'll be in a tent at best, when I was in Jordan in november we stayed in a brand new 5 star hotel. With full use of all facilities including the bar (where we got discounted rates) The army who were also on exercise in Jordan, were living in tents in the middle of the desert. With no booze!

I no how much i enjoyed that exercise!!!
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 12:41 AM)Just Sean Wrote: Join the RAF. Better pay. Better welfare.

If you ever go on excefcise in the army you'll be in a tent at best, when I was in Jordan in november we stayed in a brand new 5 star hotel. With full use of all facilities including the bar (where we got discounted rates) The army who were also on exercise in Jordan, were living in tents in the middle of the desert. With no booze!

^ haha no way!
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 12:41 AM)Just Sean Wrote: Join the RAF. Better pay. Better welfare.

Glad to see my tax money is being put to good use!
Thanks given by:
hard routine for me shitting in bags shaving with dirty water sleeping in the bucket of my dump truck and grafting like a combat engineer should!

Although i wouldnt mind living it up in a 5 star Smile
Thanks given by:
5 stars are basic issue in the RAF! Got a pal on fast jets. Just spent the last 7 weeks living it up in a 5star in dubaii!
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 01:09 PM)Just Sean Wrote: 5 stars are basic issue in the RAF! Got a pal on fast jets. Just spent the last 7 weeks living it up in a 5star in dubaii!

f*ck i spent 7 months in naraj saraj in a f*cking tent this time last year in +50 degree celcius :,(
Thanks given by:
The hotel in Jordan (movenpick Wink ) had air con and a balcony!

Used to be freezing cold Lol!!
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 01:38 PM)Just Sean Wrote: The hotel in Jordan (movenpick Wink ) had air con and a balcony!

Used to be freezing cold Lol!!

^ i hate you ! We had a movile air con unit that used to blow hot air out! Even our air con engineers couldnt fix :,(
Thanks given by:
sean are you camping for FCS? Il show you some basic fieldcraft if you are Smile
Thanks given by:
Haha!

I'll need help putting my tent up!!
Thanks given by:
It was worse when travelling in the Mastiff in the height of summer... with no Air con Sad
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2013, 04:21 AM)Just Sean Wrote: Haha!

Tent? Poncho all the way Smile
Thanks given by:
Either ither!

Theirs deffiantly no 5 stars at castle combe!

How will I cope!
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2013, 02:39 PM)k3ogh Wrote:
(16-06-2013, 04:21 AM)Just Sean Wrote: Haha!

Tent? Poncho all the way Smile

I'm actually contemplating taking my poncho, desert or woodland?
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
Desert. Woodland will clash with the jacket I'm taking Lol!
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2013, 02:43 PM)Just Sean Wrote: Desert. Woodland will clash with the jacket I'm taking Lol!

Na mtp lads Smile
Thanks given by: