Where to buy fuel hose?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to buy fuel hose?
Looking to get my old moped up and running, wouldn't start last time I had a go so going to begin with changing all the fuel hoses as for all I know they are 21 years old like the moped.

The 2 local car accessory shops normally only sell heater hose, never anything that can withstand fuel. Would Halfords or ECP sell it?

I know I could get it from ebay etc but ideally want to but it tomorrow as start a new job on Monday and the moped would be the easiest way to travel.
Thanks given by:
Ive had nothing but problems with fuel hose from halfords. Its labeled up and printed as fuel hose on the sidewalls, but goes brittle and leaks after about a day or two.

It may have been a faulty batch, or a bad supplier, I don't know. Just the experience I have had Smile

I've tried it on 3 separate occasions FYI
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I would just pay like, £3 to get some off ebay.. saves the hassle, and you'll receive a metre length of it... go to anywhere else and they will expect you to buy the whole reel.. you could try hydraulic places, as all their pipes will be heavy oil/fuel rated as standard, but may be costsly... so just ebay my friend Smile
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Any decent local motorfactors (ecp / carspares / and independent) should have it all in stock, on reels and sold by the meter.

Should work out cheaper / quicker than ebay
Thanks given by:
the halfords hose is probably intended for petrol, diesel is alot more corrosive to rubber so make sure you buy the right grade!
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
What zx_volcane said, Ive often gone in local mill autofactors and just asked for couple meters of fuel hose,or leak off hose,costs penuts
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 06:55 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: the halfords hose is probably intended for petrol, diesel is alot more corrosive to rubber so make sure you buy the right grade!

It even failed to stand up to that lol. Not worth it IMO
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I did my Bosch conversion in October 2011 with halfords fuel hose and it is still fine. It's not leaking and I haven't even got a jubilee clip on it because my Bosch banjo has the long pipe fitting on it.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuel hose hennus 11 2,075 14-06-2015, 07:38 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  10mm fuel hose conversion.... Piggy 8 2,516 09-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  lpg hose for fuel lines kernow_joe 2 1,200 15-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Last Post: ozonehostile