Thanks given by:
lovely coilies! <3
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They look sweeeeeeeet. :drool:
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Oi nobber! Whens the 6 coming out of its winter home?
Also you played with your gopro hero yet?
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Oi nobber! Whens the 6 coming out of its winter home?
Also you played with your gopro hero yet?

lmao

Cheers mate!

Who says its not already back terrorising the roads of Surrey/West Sussex? ninja

Sadly because the GoPro is my birthday present, I'm having to wait till the easter weekend (my birthday's on 9th April; bank hol monday!) Before I can get it out to play! Sad sad times, but I'm well excited to get it used!

In all seriousness on the car front, I'm still assembling the last items on my list, so no official word on when ill be getting it back on the road, but I'm reeeeally hoping for this month!

Unfortunately (as with all projects it would seem) moneys got a bit tight this end, so I've focused more on the important stuff to do with how it drives, and have let the respray of the dinks on the nsr quarter slip until another time Sad

Boring update that, but I'm hopefully gonna go visit the car if I can grab 5mins this weekend so ill take some cheeky snaps then!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Haha sweet! :-)
Lol going to see it for a bit to redline it then go home haha

Nice to see the progress when yoy get it back with the shineys aquired
Thanks given by:
nooooooooooo, does this mean the NAD wagon is going to be put into storage?
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fozzy Wrote:nooooooooooo, does this mean the NAD wagon is going to be put into storage?

Well I'm not sure yet. Think ill keep it taxed and use it as a 2nd car when I either need to save money, or when the weathers just shit!

Might lend it to my parents tho for summer, I'm only keeping it on the road so I can get the next years' ncb on it; the 6 is going on a separate policy when I get it back on the road...

Haven't decided yet!
Thanks given by:
"Lending to my parents"

That makes it sound like you're doing them a favour... Which trust me - it's not!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:"Lending to my parents"

That makes it sound like you're doing them a favour... Which trust me - it's not!

Bahaha, your couch!!

It is actually tho; 55+mpg..!
Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:
Ruan Wrote:"Lending to my parents"

Bahaha, your couch!!

It is actually tho; 55+mpg..!
i dont get far off that in mine!
Thanks given by:
I drove to Sheffield to pick up a friends car, 3 up, sat in a traffic jam for 2 hours with stop start traffic, brimmed before I left, £1.47/l, Brim to Brim I used £47.20 of fuel over 360 miles - that's 51.8mpg...

And it doesn't take 17 seconds to 60...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:I drove to Sheffield to pick up a friends car, 3 up, sat in a traffic jam for 2 hours with stop start traffic, brimmed before I left, £1.47/l, Brim to Brim I used £47.20 of fuel over 360 miles - that's 51.8mpg...

And it doesn't take 17 seconds to 60...

I did get 62 when actually trying for an economy run, but you do make a fair point!

Still way funnier when I overtake things tho ninja told you about that pikey in a 206gti (the shit one) I overtook the other day... That wsa priceless
Thanks given by:
Least it wasn't a GTi180... Which isn't a 180, more like a GTi170ish....
Thanks given by:
UPDATE!!!!!

Happy days boys n girls! The GTi6 is BACK!!!

Firstly, last weekend was the last hockey match of the season, and I managed to get hit on my left hand with a hockey stick (through my padded glove), and broke a chunk off and got a hairline crack running up my index finger bone.

[Image: BrokenFinger.jpg]

[Image: BrokenFinger2.jpg]

[Image: BrokenFinger3.jpg]

[Image: BrokenFinger4.jpg]

[Image: BrokenFinger5.jpg]

[Image: BrokenFinger6.jpg]

So waded into the old rebuild with a bit of a handicap Sad

AAAANyway, I took Thursday off last week to make the most of the bankholiday weekend...

Ruan came up from Gloucester on the Weds night, so we could get cracking easrly Thursday.

[Image: Ru-RusDTtheNAD.jpg]

Curt very generously let us sleep in his caravan for the Thursday and Friday nights, and let us use all his tools!!!

SO, the list of jobs done/parts installed by Saturday afternoon;

1. PTFE inlet gasket
2. Eccentricc top-mounts
3. GAZ GHA's (didn't have time to fit the rear shockers; they'll be done another time)
3. 4new parada spec 2s
4. meyle hd wishbones.
5. Droplinks
6. Oil Cooler
7. Full service (oil plugs filters etc.)
8. remove dodgy inertia switch, solder and heatshrink wires)
9. Baker BM engine mounts (uppper 2 only, couldnt be bothered fitting the lower)
10. Black Ice magic Tree (yo!)
11. PhillipM lower strut brace.

Things went remarkably well all things said and done:

Thursday we made a quick trip to halfrauds to get gearbox oil, then cracked on.
by the end of the day we'd pulled the OEM front strut assys off, and dummied up the new top-mounts. They only required the addition of 1 new bolt-hole in the chassis, and as they had provided another set of topmount bolts, we bunged 4 into the topmounts.

Friday we mounted up the oil cooler. This was a bit of a pain in the orientation I've got it; the hoses are a bit too long meaning they had to loop before coming round, but it was really hard to loop them without kinking them. Got it sorted in the end, but it was just a bit fiddly.
I have only sporadic photos, as we were all bloody filthy from working in the dust. If anyone's particularly interested in the details of the install I'll get some proper photos at some point Smile

We also managed to put the front wisbone/droplinks/hubs back together, fitted the ptfe inlet gasket, and the lower strut brace. Finally, in the near-dark, we primed up the oil circuit and fired her up for the 1st time Smile

Saturday was a bit frantic though; Fooby came over on the friday, and then got a hairbrined idea that we should go down to the camping meet. so it was a bit rushed getting stuff sorted (as it should NEVER be when rebuilding cars!)

As such, i didnt have time to re-drill the upper strut brace to accept the new bolt arrangement, (drilled it, but need some time to fettle the hole locations, and fooby was whining so i gave up LOL)
We also didnt have time to fit the rear shocks which was pretty gay; the bolts were pretty siezed, and me being unable to use my left hand much meant we didnt really get that far with it before packing it in...

We also had to rush about a fair bit taxing the cars (mine and fooby's) before the postoffices shut... or so fooby thought... /fail

Anyway, enough chatter, I'll let the pics/video do the talking Smile

[Image: TheShinyshiny.jpg]

[Image: TheShinyshiny2.jpg]

[Image: TheShinyshiny3.jpg]

[Image: Day17.jpg]

[Image: Day18.jpg]

[Image: Day1.jpg]

[Image: OldShockspring.jpg]

[Image: Day12.jpg]

[Image: Day13.jpg]

[Image: Day14.jpg]

[Image: Day15.jpg]

[Image: Day12.jpg]

[Image: Ru-RusDTtheNAD.jpg]

I also discovered some distinct fail... Sad

[Image: TopEngineMount.jpg]

[Image: TopEngineMount2.jpg]

Which ruan found HIlarious...

[Image: th_VID-20120405-00002.jpg]

After we'd finished at Curt's on saturday afternoon, and more fail ensued; the male-male unions on the thermostatic oil sandwich plate weren't completely tight, so leaked oil which went all up the bloody back ofthe car. It was only a tiny bit of oil, but it pissed me right off; I had to jack it up on the driveway and fix it;

[Image: StiffChassis.jpg]

[Image: StiffChassis2.jpg]

Anyways, its been fine since, which is good.

Can anyone spot the camber? Tongue
And how stiff it is now?! Prettymuch level whe jacked from the front now...

Right, so how does it drive?

Its FAPPING A-Mazing. Honestly, it's so grippy now, and the coilies aren't that harsh either, set on about half-max damping setting. The grip is unreal, Fooby SHAT himself when i took him for a spin Tongue

Only quibbles I have.... 1. the broken top engine mount squeeks a little sometimes. its a teeensy bit vibrational on idle, but tbh i dont give a shit given how it now drives, and it's a bit clunky, but im pretty sure its because there aren't any rubbers in the topomounts anymore!!

One other thing I've noticed; the springs make a 'boing' noise when i turn the wheel from lock to lock.... is this normal on coilies? Should I be greasing anything???

Another slightly annoying thing... I STILL managed to get the oil temps up on an enthusiastic drive... I think i may have to re-orientate the cooler to get more flow...

Oh and I'll leave you with pics of my right arm after the weekend...

[Image: TheDamage.jpg]

[Image: TheDamage4.jpg]

[Image: TheDamage5.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Also another thing. I'm mega bummed, I guess with not seeing it in so long I built up in my head how mint it is; I'm pissed off; it's got horrid gravel-rash on the front chin, stone chips on the front of the bonnet, those effing dents and scratches on the rear quarter, and a couple on the rear bumper :'(

It's actually made me annoyingly depressed about it :'( I guess that's just part of the parcel of having a 13yr old car :'(

I also owe a MASSIVE thanks to Ruan, who worked tirelessly helping me out with this, sorting shit out when i coudln't do it cause of my broken hand, and generally solving problems and being awesome Big Grin

Another massive thanks to Curt for letting us use all his tools, store the car in his greenhouses, providing cutlery for our Indian the other night, and also being generally heroic.

And finally, big thanks to Fooby, for.................................................................................................... having a migraine on Saturday afternoon, which gave me time to see the oil leak and fix it, rather than it just pissing all the oil out on the way to the camping meet we never made it to!
I spose he also made sure we got the cars taxed, provided choons, and was actually pretty helpful in general.... Tongue
Thanks given by:
Glad to see some progress ed!
Would you be able to sort some of the scratches with a harsh cut?
I get this with my car sometimes. Even though most of it has been resprayed, I still look at it sometimes and think it looks shit!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Top work mate. Glad the gaz payed off. Talk to mark how his were set up as they were spot on
Also that's quite a few pics of your hand haha!
Glad to hear its back on the road mate :-) wallet gunna take a hammering on the fuel
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Glad to see some progress ed!
Would you be able to sort some of the scratches with a harsh cut?
I get this with my car sometimes. Even though most of it has been resprayed, I still look at it sometimes and think it looks shit!

Cheers mate.

tbh I'm mostly just pretty bummed cause I haven't had a chance to clean it properly yet. I'm sure i'll fall back in love with it after a proper sesh on the bodywork.

It also desperately needs a vacuuming inside too, ruan left the window open for the whole 3days; its dusty as fook inside Sad

Also, how gay is that; I tax and insure the car on saturday, and we're now set foe nearly 2weeks of rain!!! GAYYYYY!!!!!
Thanks given by:
If you like, you can pop up one weekend and we can go over the car with the polisher? Might tidy it up a bit!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Good work guys! My coilovers make the twang noise to but it doesnt happen to everyone so who knows?
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^

@ Niall, YES PLEASE!!! Tbh I'm a bit ocd with the car's paintwork, and am getting pretty low about it being so filthy and my parents being ghay about water (they wont let me use the hose even though they're supplied by Portsmouth Water which hasn't imposed a hosepipe ban, and aren't even using maximum capacity!!! FAIL)

@ Atters, well least it isn't just me. I assumed its just because the top-cups are bolted on tight and don't move with the springs? Could be wrong though tbh, I can't see what it is when they're compressed unfortunately!

Well, despite the forecast looking like rain PM, it was sunny this morning if a little wet on the roads, so I thought F*ck it, I'll take the '6.

I did video it on my new GoPro Hero... but I definitely can't put it up... ninja Suffice to say I got to work about 10minutes earlier than normal with a very wide grin and a lot less fuel than I set off with!!!

I did ground possibly just the undertray, but possibly also the lower strut brace on the badly cambered road about 100m from the office though. Anyone know if i'll shag it completely if it does get the occasional light bash? I'm just wary of shearing the wishbone bolts....
Thanks given by:
Nice one Smile I hope this will be making an appearance at Ace next week!
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
fingers crossed Kim! Depends purely on how much I spend on fuel in the next week!!!
Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:fingers crossed Kim! Depends purely on how much I spend on fuel in the next week!!!

So your not going then? That's if this morning's update is anything to go by........ lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Ed Doe Wrote:fingers crossed Kim! Depends purely on how much I spend on fuel in the next week!!!

So your not going then? That's if this morning's update is anything to go by........ lol

I was just thinking the same thing! And also that it's not an excuse...I'm sure you can manage to drive it sensibly for a couple of days, to save fuel for the EPIC wins of Ace Big Grin
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
looking good.. at least its on the road now..

I guess with that engine mount a trip down south to get it welded up will be in order?

I'll be having fun with my coilovers soon.
Thanks given by:
Ed just make sure you don't bend it! Then its fubared and worth scrap
Thanks given by:
How are you finding the two stiffer upper mounts?
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:So your not going then? That's if this morning's update is anything to go by........ lol

lmao True! Nah, if the weather gets crap again this week i'll just take the nad in and save some moneys!

Kimmie Wrote:I'm sure you can manage to drive it sensibly for a couple of days, to save fuel for the EPIC wins of Ace Big Grin
Kim you know me.... am I sensible? Tongue

springs Wrote:looking good.. at least its on the road now..
I guess with that engine mount a trip down south to get it welded up will be in order?
I'll be having fun with my coilovers soon.

Yeah, I need to get it welded up at some point. tbh there's no huge stress about it, as it can't go anywhere anyway with the baker mounts! but I do want it sorted properly...
The coilies were easy; if you want a hand sorting them out id be more than happy to help Smile

Atterz Wrote:How are you finding the two stiffer upper mounts?

They're a teensy bit vibrational on idle, but so much better on the go. Changing gear is improved, as is balancing the car on the old throttle Tongue

Right, Springs' comment has prompted me to write a 'niggles list' of stuff i want to get sorted.

1. NSR ABS sensor (been kaput since before I took it off the road last year)
2. exhaust I think is possibly a bit blowy... meh
3. weld engine mount
4. New throttle cable (URGENT!!!)
5. Fit GAZ rear shockers; I ran out of time on the weekend.
6. Clean interior; it's sh*t-high after having the window open all weekend in the dusty greenhouses!
7. shampoo clay wax polish exterior; I can't wait!!!
8. Clean engine bay, including undertray; its covered in oil after the sandwich plate fail!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diablo GTi6 restoration Joep83 2 2,209 27-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Joep83
  Foobys PH2 Diablo GTi6 Project Fooby 112 39,829 08-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191
  Kezzers diablo gti6 Kezzer30 84 15,366 19-06-2015, 07:59 AM
Last Post: 7057sam