fitting an intercooler to a hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fitting an intercooler to a hdi
when fitting the inter cooler pipes, how do i get the aluminium pipe from the inlet manifold to turn across the engine so i can fit the pipe onto it? do i need to buy new part or does it turn on bolt holes? also is the pipe from the inlet manifold to the turbo just jubilee clipped on or is it bolted to the turbo? please give me some info and every bit of knowledge you have about these intercoolers asap i really want to buy and fit one Big Grin
Thanks given by:
You need an inlet elbow from a 110 406 hdi. There is a detailed guide thread if you.use the search at the top

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
The bit on the inlet manifold you need to replace with one that points forward from a DW10 that came with an intercooler, they are about £35 from pug buy most people get them from scarp yards, the common place to fin them is a 406 110 HDi but pretty much every PSA car and van bigger than the 306 had them So you have the 406, 607, 806, 307, Expert, Boxer and all the Citroen equivalents and probably more than that.

The pipe off the turbo to the inlet is 'just' jubilee clipped on but there is a hook that hooks over a pin on the front of the turbo you'll need to pull off.

The pipe off the turbo is best done with a 41mm 90* silicone hose and a 2.2HDi (DW10) under engine pipe as it is a nice smooth bend, fits perfectly between the sump and box and has a nice smooth increase in size to 60mm (IIRC)
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2013, 10:26 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: The bit on the inlet manifold you need to replace with one that points forward from a DW10 that came with an intercooler, they are about £35 from pug buy most people get them from scarp yards, the common place to fin them is a 406 110 HDi but pretty much every PSA car and van bigger than the 306 had them So you have the 406, 607, 806, 307, Expert, Boxer and all the Citroen equivalents and probably more than that.

The pipe off the turbo to the inlet is 'just' jubilee clipped on but there is a hook that hooks over a pin on the front of the turbo you'll need to pull off.

The pipe off the turbo is best done with a 41mm 90* silicone hose and a 2.2HDi (DW10) under engine pipe as it is a nice smooth bend, fits perfectly between the sump and box and has a nice smooth increase in size to 60mm (IIRC)

so i can pretty much just get all the parts off a 406 like the inlet bend and all the turbo pipes? i havent got to buy them brand new because i was going to pay 150 quid for the intercooler and universal pipes, would i be better off buying these or couoold i just get them from a 406 ?
Thanks given by:
grab the pipes off a 406 and buy a new intercooler
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No. Have a look in the guide section as already suggested, theres a very detailed guide in there with all the information you need. There are also several threads in the last few pages of this section covering the same, if the guide doesnt give you enough info. Have you tried the search function?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 07:21 AM)Poodle Wrote: No. Have a look in the guide section as already suggested, theres a very detailed guide in there with all the information you need. There are also several threads in the last few pages of this section covering the same, if the guide doesnt give you enough info. Have you tried the search function?

what do i search for?
Thanks given by:
If you want to search try Intercooler and HDi in the thread title search or FMIC and hdi in the same.

Have a look in the guides section and thats really well laid out and IIRC theres 2 good FMIC guides.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fitting a Intercooler R1-Mini 11 2,969 08-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Last Post: R1-Mini
  help fitting and intercooler camoturd 10 1,912 12-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Last Post: camoturd
  Intercooler fitting south west geo7087 6 1,982 15-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Last Post: ginge191