PLEASE HELP.. ENGINE WHINE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLEASE HELP.. ENGINE WHINE
IVE GOT A 306 2.0 HDI D-TURBO, ITS SWEET AS A NUT ON IDLE WITH NO NOISE BUT AS SOON AS I THROTTLE IT IT MAKES A WHINE, IT SEEMS LIKE ITS FROM BEHIND THE BLOCK SO LED ME TO THINK TURBO BUT ITS REALLY LOUD, STILL DRIVES PERFECT TOO AND TURBO STILL BOOSTS PERFECT, NO SMOKE EITHER:/, ANY SUGGESTIONS ON CAUSE OF THE WHINING NOISE? PLEASE IM IN DESPERATE NEED OF GETTING TO THE SOLUTIONSad
Thanks given by:
No need to put all in caps and you need to use full stops to make it make more sense lol

Buttt
How loud is it? It could very well be the turbo on the way out.
However some people do get worried when they can hear the turbo working lol never quite figured that one out haha
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
DOES POINT TOWARDS THE TURBO SIDE OF THINGS.

On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
it doesnt happen when the engine idles, its only there when you get to around 1500+ rpm. its really loud, just had another listen and sounds like fuel pump, does that sound possible?
Thanks given by:
ITS MOST LIKELY THE TURBO FROM WHAT YOU'VE SAID.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
if it comes from the back of the block and starts at 1500rpm I'd definitely say turbo

idk about fuel pumps because the lift pump would make sounds in the tank and I guess when the hp pump makes noises it's so dead that your car won't run right
Thanks given by:
have you ever heard of a noisy tensioner? ive spoke to a mechanic who said possibly tensioner or water pump because it sounds like a bearing whine, im going to remove the fan belt and run it without that tomorrow and see how it goesSmile
Thanks given by:
yeah try that one, could be the noise
Thanks given by:
problem solved! anyone come across this fault in the future then its your idle pulley thats bolted to the bottom mount of the alternator
Thanks given by:
YOU MEAN TO SAY IT WASN'T THE TURBO?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Na just an idler pulley that was seriously worn, new part from gates was 25 quid
Thanks given by: