Halfords tool kit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halfords tool kit
thought this may be of some interest to some of you!

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/store...yId_255215
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
yep.. nice little set.. and if you keep the receipt somewhere safe they do a lifetime guarantee on them Smile
Thanks given by:
garrr must resist but . . . .good . .buy . . .:/
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Got the 150, had a few things break. Although ive just took it straight in and they've swapped without a receipt and no fuss.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Think I'm gonna get one of them my 170piece set box broke so put it in a small tool box lost most of them now Sad

Any one now when deal ends??

Thanks given by:
No idea when the deal ends but doesn't trade card take them to that price any way?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think Spike2002 has one of these Halfords kits - he's broken a few bits out of it in a few months and is forever moaning that there are bits that his set needs and doesn't have so go for the biggest you can afford but the thing that was most noticeably missing from his set was a 16mm spanner and socket which is needed quite often with Pugs :/
Thanks given by:
Fcuk, thats a bloody good price!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
If you order via quid co you will get a few precent back in cash back
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2013, 04:30 PM)ash240970 Wrote: I think Spike2002 has one of these Halfords kits - he's broken a few bits out of it in a few months and is forever moaning that there are bits that his set needs and doesn't have so go for the biggest you can afford but the thing that was most noticeably missing from his set was a 16mm spanner and socket which is needed quite often with Pugs :/

Whining that they have broken is stupid. You must be using the wrong tool for the job.
And on the off occasion they do then they come with a lifetime guarantee!
Thanks given by:
I've the 170 an love it. Ratchet ain't the greatest but still works
Thanks given by:
One of my cousins have some dodgy tools for sale. As 16 piece and 30 piece socket kit £30 each. My othrr cousin has bought them thinking theyre dogs bollocks. I just shows him this kit for £60 with more kit and life time guarantee. Imo you cannot beat it with the lifetime gaurentee
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Im tempted to go and buy it. Already got several rails of halfords sockets but could do with some decent 6 point ones.

For home use, you really cant beat Halfords tools! Only thing i dont like is their ratchets but ive bought a long soft handle fine tooth Snap on one for £65 delivered and they do have a life time warranty unlike the halfords ratchets plus they are much nicer and easier to use. I fully recommend buying one! Can pick up the solid handles for £40
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(08-06-2013, 05:40 PM)Niall Wrote: ive bought a long soft handle fine tooth Snap on one for £65 delivered and they do have a life time warranty unlike the halfords ratchets plus they are much nicer and easier to use.

Whilst I agree the pawling is a bit wide on the ratchets, all Halfords Advanced tools come with a lifetime warranty Smile Just incase anyone is thinking of buying

Quote:* Should a Halfords Advanced Professional Hand Tool fail whilst being used for the purpose and in the manner for which it was designed, it will be inspected and replaced. Simply return the product to your nearest Halfords store with proof of purchase and we will arrange a replacement for you.

Proof of purchase is required to validate the Lifetime Guarantee.

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Any moving parts do not come under the guarantee. If you snapped a ratchet, they would replace it but if the head packs up, its up to you to buy a new head for it (not that they are that expensive)
Fortunately, from reading peoples experiences on here, a lot of staff dont know the T&Cs so some do get them replaced.

That is unless they have changed the T&Cs recently.

Edit: nope still same rules

Quote:HALFORDS ADVANCED PROFESSIONAL HAND TOOLS COME WITH A LIFETIME GUARANTEE.
Should a Halfords Advanced Professional Hand Tool fail whilst being used for the purpose and in the manner for which it was designed, it will be inspected and replaced. Simply return the product to your nearest Halfords store with proof of purchase and we will arrange a replacement for you.
Proof of purchase is required to validate the Lifetime Guarantee.
Misuse of the product will immediately invalidate the Lifetime Guarantee.
Moving parts are not covered for wear and tear under this guarantee.
Discontinued items will be replaced with an equivalent product in terms of use and quality.
This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Lol, I've had 2 ratchets replaced now. Both times beacuse i was lazy and trying to undo wheel bolts with 1/4" drive haha

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
They replaced my ratchet no questions asked, this is Halfords staff we are talking about.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(08-06-2013, 05:58 PM)Anton Wrote: They replaced my ratchet no questions asked, this is Halfords staff we are talking about.

True, its shocking some of the advice I've heard given out.

I was with Niall, Scott, Adam, Sam and the others in watford and the customer gave up with the member of staff and asked me and adam because we were talking about cars haha

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeah they are f*cking useless. Works in our favour but its unfair on them guys who trust that halfords employees know what they are on about!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(08-06-2013, 05:13 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote:
(08-06-2013, 04:30 PM)ash240970 Wrote: I think Spike2002 has one of these Halfords kits - he's broken a few bits out of it in a few months and is forever moaning that there are bits that his set needs and doesn't have so go for the biggest you can afford but the thing that was most noticeably missing from his set was a 16mm spanner and socket which is needed quite often with Pugs :/

Whining that they have broken is stupid. You must be using the wrong tool for the job.
And on the off occasion they do then they come with a lifetime guarantee!

I never once said he was whining about the tools breaking - I said he is forever moaning that the set he bought lacks certain pieces so get your facts straight please.
May I also point out that you have said that I must be using the wrong tool for the job when in fact I was talking about Spikes tool set so you should of used 'He' instead of 'You'
I have absolutely no problem with my toolset as i have at least 5 sockets of each of the popular sizes in my roll cab and if and when I break one I just throw it in the bin and get another without having to worry about downtime because I've got to go to Halfords to get a replacement. Oh wait I need someone to take me as my car is in bits lol - never happened to me and never will - I buy my sockets in job lots of eBay and paid £20 for over 300 pieces last time inc ratchets and extensions etc.
So after those comments from you I think you are the biggest 'tool' missing from the set hahaha.

ps - as has already been pointed out the ratchet isn't covered by the lifetime warranty Sad
Thanks given by:
Alright keyboard warrior. Chill the f*ck out! I didn't start getting arsey and using abusive language so how about you act your age and be the same?
Talk about dragging the thread down much
Thanks given by:
[Image: 3ubu3yna.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: f8a.gif]

Do it properly Vaughan :p

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2013, 03:49 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: my 170piece set box broke

my 170 case has just broken across the stupid plastic hinges
WTF they cant put some effort into a better case!
Thanks given by:
My 170 piece box broke pretty early in the tool set's life. I still have most of the sockets but i'm using a tool bag now and it's a PITA as they aren't in the least bit organised.

Might pick up this set as a wee top up set..
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ive broken all my halfrauds ratchets, but all the sockets and spanners are still going strong after years of abuse Smile

Slowly replacing all my tools with bahco, the quality is amazing
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Ive only broken one ratchet and lost one but Ive had my 3/8ths set for 10 years now

Never have problems with stuff being replaced either and Ive never kept the recipts.

The sets area PITA alot of the time cos they never have enough 11mm or 16mm bits if they even have any.
Thanks given by:
I have the 170 piece set, seriously never had a problem with them..
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
havent broken anything on mine! brilliant sets but the case is poor!
Thanks given by:
^^ Ill second that, the cases are shocking. Hinges broke first on mine...

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Halfords 8 Drawer Tool Centre - £63 Eeyore 1 1,056 03-04-2017, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Stef205
  Halfords Advanced 170 piece Tool Sets - £110 Eeyore 29 12,927 17-11-2016, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Tool Box Talk cully 22 5,473 26-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Frosty