Changing rear beam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing rear beam
Iv brought a already lowed rear beam which looks like it has abs my old 1 hasn't got abs but has what looks like a load compensator which new 1 hasn't is it guna b a easy swap do I need to put the load compensator on new beam etc any tips or info would b good cheers
Thanks given by:
yeah swap the load comp over... abs is just sensors and rings so no worries, just leave them or snip them short. you probably wont get them out in one piece!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ok cheers will the drums be the same do I just use my handbrake cables cus the seller chopped the handbrake cables
Thanks given by:
I think all drum cables are thr same
Thanks given by:
Ok thankyou very much for advise and guidance will let you know how I get on iv soaked everything I could think of in wd40 I will spray again 2moz ready for Sunday I'm changing the springs 2moz
Thanks given by:
Hi had a few issues which I'm trying to sort out 1 of which is the load compansator how do u adjust it or what do you use cus I built it all up drove it brakes loads better than it did b4 but stopped and rear drums are realy hot to hot for drums it's as if there's to much brake power goin to the back if that makes sense
Thanks given by:
Drum cables are the same, it's disc beams you'd have to change the cable.

I thought the load compensators were preset, not sure if you can adjust them
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
the load compensator reacts to to the load in the car funnily enough lol . .as i understand it ,the more weight over the back axle the more braking power it puts to the back, you have just fitted a lowered rear beam, ergo the compensator is over compressed and thinks the car is loaded up . . . but it isn't, i think i'm right about this, anyone that knows better feel free to correct me, . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2013, 03:07 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: the load compensator reacts to to the load in the car funnily enough lol . .as i understand it ,the more weight over the back axle the more braking power it puts to the back, you have just fitted a lowered rear beam, ergo the compensator is over compressed and thinks the car is loaded up . . . but it isn't, i think i'm right about this, anyone that knows better feel free to correct me, . .Smile

Sounds spot on to me buddy, I don't know how people get around this, shorten the rod on the compensator?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I just unbolt them off the beam and connect the pipes together job done
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2013, 04:45 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: I just unbolt them off the beam and connect the pipes together job done

leaving you with overheating rear brakes surely?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(10-06-2013, 04:47 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(10-06-2013, 04:45 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: I just unbolt them off the beam and connect the pipes together job done

leaving you with overheating rear brakes surely?

no it doesn't, but it you have small front brakes ie 247's it is possible to lock the back up before the front, which can be interesting lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
For now iv had to put a shit load of washers on the bar and wined the plastic 13mm nut in untill it wasn't breaking so heavy on the rear which looks and sounds a bodge but dose the job for now untill I find some sort of sleeve but was wondering if any1 else had this problem and what they did to sort it i would have thought if you removed the compensator it would brake to heavy on the rear
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2013, 06:05 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: no it doesn't, but it you have small front brakes ie 247's it is possible to lock the back up before the front, which can be interesting lol

I can testify this is not fun. It wasn't too bad when the abs worked but when it stopped working in the snow and ice things got 'interesting'!
Thanks given by:
Quote:
Quote:Mattcheese31 Wrote:
no it doesn't, but it you have small front brakes ie 247's it is possible to lock the back up before the front, which can be interesting lol

I can testify this is not fun. It wasn't too bad when the abs worked but when it stopped working in the snow and ice things got 'interesting'!
Oh yeah scary
Thanks given by:
Looks like my compensator if f*cked leaking everywhere
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2013, 05:07 PM)Msparksdturbo Wrote: Looks like my compensator if f*cked leaking everywhere

So guna bypass the comensator 2moz and see what happens then maybe get a bias valve
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear beam ...the good and the bad Mighty306 35 15,363 23-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear Beam Pgtips 1 1,399 26-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear beam rebuild MOK 21 6,559 18-03-2019, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MOK