About Bloody Time TOO!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Bloody Time TOO!!!!!
(05-06-2013, 10:04 PM)Niall Wrote: Now how true this is i dont know because it was my driving instructor told me and he was a cock and knew nothing but its only technically undertaking if you move into the left hand lane, accelerate past a car to the right of you then pull back in in front of said car. If your just in the left hand lane and are driving past a car to the right of you because that lane of traffic is generally moving slower, there is no issue with that unless of course your using inappropriate speed.
Yeah, if you're keeping with the flow of traffic on the motorway, i.e when traffic inevitably builds up in the outside lane and you're in the middle or inside lane and start to pass them on the inside, that's not undertaking as such.
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2013, 10:16 PM)Scott Wrote:
(05-06-2013, 10:04 PM)Niall Wrote: Now how true this is i dont know because it was my driving instructor told me and he was a cock and knew nothing but its only technically undertaking if you move into the left hand lane, accelerate past a car to the right of you then pull back in in front of said car. If your just in the left hand lane and are driving past a car to the right of you because that lane of traffic is generally moving slower, there is no issue with that unless of course your using inappropriate speed.
Yeah, if you're keeping with the flow of traffic on the motorway, i.e when traffic inevitably builds up in the outside lane and you're in the middle or inside lane and start to pass them on the inside, that's not undertaking as such.

Ive done it since ive been driving, including past coppers and never been pulled for it once. Not a fan of doing it past foreign lorries though.....so i just drop a gear and boot it past them Big Grin lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yes! Though as said enforcing it is another matter..

P.S I'm another member of the undertakers club. Never wear a seatbelt in the van either, noticed the fine for that has gone up.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Wonder if this will apply to the lorries that sit in the middle lane doing 56 for about 6 years whilst they overtake the lorry in the slow lane doing 55.... that grinds my gears!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've actually heard stories about truckers in the States doing that and slowing traffic on purpose when there's a speed trap ahead or traffic further up the road that most drivers wouldn't see. Apparently truck drivers over here must have missed that memo.
Thanks given by:
In all fairness, people get done for flashing people to alert them of a camera over here! I don't see why they don't allow them to go over 56 purely for overtaking though.. surely it'd be a lot safer because they'd be spending about 5 years less time overtaking ..
Thanks given by:
Plus trucks are a lot safer than they used to be and have much better braking systems. It's crazy in America and Canada when you're driving along at the speed limit and a big rig comes speeding past you.
Thanks given by:
Just a tad, like that INSANE volvo that can out brake pretty much anything even with a 40 ton load haha.. i want those things!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's only bloody Friday!!!! Dum-Dum 22 4,041 27-09-2014, 07:35 AM
Last Post: cully
  Bloody bodgers lolsteve 13 2,222 19-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Last Post: C.A.R.
  bloody sods law! procta 5 1,334 13-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard