Advice please :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice please :)
Just finished changing over rods/headgasket/turbo and its now blowing quite alot of gas out of the oil breather and dipstick....
I assume this is the rings?
AND when the engine is shut off it sounds like there is alot of activity still going on from the inlet somewhere like air moving or escaping from the valves if that makes sense?

Is it related or something completely different?
What's the best step to take from here?
Any harm in driving it as it is? Don't want to make things worse
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
In an ideal world you should really hone the bores out at min, and replace rings when ever you remove pistons, as the rings will really struggle to bed in again on glazed bores as they will never go back in the same place as they came out, which will cause blowby...hopefully over time they will bed back down again..

As for noises down the inlet, sounds like possibly some valves arnt seating?, dissconnect stop solenoid and get someone to crank it with intercooler off, while its motoring listen to the inlet, if you here any pops / hiss's then theres a valve not seating.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Cheers for that :-)
So should I just run it and take it easy?

What I find strange is that on a cold start its starts up fine and there is very little coming from the breather but as it starts to warm it gets worse. I thought it would have got better as it warms and expands ?
When it gets worse its puffing it out like a train :-(

As for the valves, anything I can do ? Think its improving though

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
Dont take it to easy, keep rpms easy, but load it up with boost / torque, rings wont bed in taking it easy, valves will msot likely settle back in also.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Didn't take the valves out did ya? If you did did you put them back where they came from
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Right will do ! No I took the cam out when the head got skimmed and that was it :-)
Thanks for help :-)
Will get an exhaust sorted and see how it goes !

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by: