Selling up..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling up..
8 Series?
Thanks given by:
Better not be an 8-series, else i'll have to come steal it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Shall I ruin the surprise? Or can you all wait Wink
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Ruin. I'm waiting on someone from ebay, want my dinner and need something to interest me.
Thanks given by:
Okay, well I'm torn between a couple of cars;
BMW 323i 2.5 coupe, msport kit.
BMW 330 ci 3.0 coupe
BMW e30

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
I wasn't that far off then, just chose a bit too modern.
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 05:51 PM)declantg Wrote: Okay, well I'm torn between a couple of cars;
BMW 323i 2.5 coupe, msport kit.
BMW 330 ci 3.0 coupe
BMW e30

Should have had Dans e30! He sold it cheap with a full MOT!
Thanks given by:
It was tracked, I want a nice, daily car. Yet with enough power to piss of most people

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 05:37 PM)Poodle Wrote: Better not be an 8-series, else i'll have to come steal it.

This

Fair play. 3 series are not my thing at all but it seems like its one of them cars that everyone has to own at some point!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 06:09 PM)Niall Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 05:37 PM)Poodle Wrote: Better not be an 8-series, else i'll have to come steal it.

This

Fair play. 3 series are not my thing at all but it seems like its one of them cars that everyone has to own at some point!

I was very close to buying an m3 and still have an itch to get one but just can't afford the insurance & repair bills!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Tempted to get a loan out.. insurance on a e46 M3 is only £1300 a year atm!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 06:28 PM)Jake Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 06:09 PM)Niall Wrote:

This

I was very close to buying an m3 and still have an itch to get one but just can't afford the insurance & repair bills!

Yeah even the old ones still carry massive repair and running costs! Its all well and good buying a car but you need to have the available money to run and repair it! Hence owning a 306. Even if the engine blows up, it costs a maximum of £200 for a new one. Win win.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
dec is a massive bell cheese....

would you rather...

A - Drive a highly modified fast 306 hdi stripped out with a cage and have a small fuel bill...
B - Have a bmw with a massive engine that is heavy with a large fuel bill!

Old bmws with big engines are cheap for a reason!
Thanks given by:
they actually aren't that bad on fuel at all sam.. bro's old one with an m50 mani swap did over 30mpg all day long.. very torquey motors that dont HAVE to be revved
Thanks given by:
B, obviously
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 06:39 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: they actually aren't that bad on fuel at all sam.. bro's old one with an m50 mani swap did over 30mpg all day long.. very torquey motors that dont HAVE to be revved

shhhhhh this is about keeping dec in a 306. Who will bring the brownies and tomatoes to meets now?
Thanks given by:
Well as i'm looking at them too haha.....
Thanks given by:
Sam, regardless of there car tomatoes will be brought, if anything there's more room for them, and comfy leathers to chong on

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Erm hi?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No no no... it's 'high' Tongue
Thanks given by:
I Miss my 306 already Sad
Thanks given by:
Well, what have you learnt?! Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 08:16 AM)ginge191 Wrote: TBH - we all know the routine; Breaking thread goes up, check out my new vag, vag broke, check out my jap car, jap car is too expensive, Wanted: 306 DT.

See you soon ThumbsUp

This happens a lot on the gti6/Rallye oc too. Don't give up hope on the humble 306!
Thanks given by:
Do you not think the 330 ci is a bit... well underpowered for the weight? You say it'll do 30mpg all day long... but it probably wont, cause you'll be using all of the power a lot more of the time. Partly because it's a new car, and partly because you'll have a pair of Oakley sunglasses on, a short-sleeved collared shirt with a tie in m-sport colours, a bluetooth headset and a hardened resolve that your sole purpose in life is to position your car precisely 0.005mm from the bumper of the car in front of you in the outside lane of the motorway...

Joking aside though; fair play to you as they're fairly well specced cars for the money, and the prices aren't bad either these days with people wanting cheaper diesels to run, but personally after a 306, it is likely to feel too heavy, to isolated from the driving experience, and be expensive in consumables and servicing...

I know I can't talk AT all though, having scratched the itch for a 'more sensible' car with a Liquid Yellow Renault.... but same applies really. You would cry at the 6year service & cambelt replacement costs I've just been quoted from Renault for next April.
Yes I said next April. It's so bad, I've had to start saving now!
I can forgive it anything right now though for the way it drives ninja which is the only reservation I'd have about the 330ci...

I looked at E46 m3s over the last month or so when I was working out what car I wanted next; and very nearly stretched to one, but Ruan put it best when I was on the phone to him about it; you have to be able to buy a new one to afford the running costs on an old one...

The last thing I would point out is that the E30 is an older car now. You need to be clear in your head why you're fed up with the 306, cause if it's cause it's rattly and old and you end up working on it a lot, I'd not look at an E30. I'm sure they probably don't require as much attention as the 306 as regards suspension components etc, but you'd be kidding yourself if you're buying thinking you wont end up under it swearing and grazing your knuckles on your weekends...
If that's what you're prepared for and you want the car anyway, then go for it, but if you're 'upgrading' to a newer car so you don't have the hassle of working on it all the time, then steer clear...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Have you actually driven an e46 though ed? My biggest issue as you say was the weight and having a'6 i was worried they wouldn't be chuckable.. My bro recently fitted new tyres, wishbones and got the tracking sorted on his so the suspension was set up properly and then let me have a drive.. the sheer torque they have is awesome and they just pull all the way up the rpm due to the vanos system.. the sheer grip they have is epic and even on the limit they're nice to control and very very balanced.. I would say it's easily as involving to drive as a '6 if not more because you've gotta be careful where the back end is lol

To note about consumables.. the biggest expenditure will be tyres but that entirely depends on how big 'yo rimz' are and how much drifting you plan on doing.. other prices aren't THAT bad.. 2 brand new front wish bones were £90? with ball joints and bushes etc.. Okay, yes some parts are going to be a fair more expensive than say on a pug BUT the pug wasn't a £30-40,000 car when new either...
Thanks given by:
I've genuinely loved every 3 series I've been in from the first E36 M3 i drove about 3 weeks after passing my test, I scared myself so much that after 200 yards I had to park it up and give the keys back, all the way up to the E90/E92s 335d that we had at work. They hide their weight well, they always feel absolutely solid, they never feel fragile in any way and are always incredibly comfortable. They feel like they were designed by somebody who loved cars and loved to drive cars. I've got a huge soft spot for them.
Thanks given by:
Not to fussed about costs tbh, I just can't do 306s no more I'm afraid Sad

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2013, 11:18 AM)declantg Wrote: Not to fussed about costs tbh, I just can't do 306s no more I'm afraid Sad

What! Every post I've seen on Facebook lately has been:
Love the car, amazing drive
Stripped the car, love it even more
Slept in the car, love the car
Slept with the car, the car loves me
Love car

Wy change your mind now!
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2013, 05:25 AM)Poodle Wrote: Well, what have you learnt?! Wink

Need a stage 2 306 back in my life Sad or a gti6 maybe although im not liking my first big litre petrol engine. Got a 2.0 307 (I know but was desperate for a car) and its nothing compared to my 306!
Thanks given by:
People always say this immediately after they say the opposite...and will change their mind again haha
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by: