Meyle HD wishbones

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meyle HD wishbones
(25-06-2013, 09:52 AM)Poodle Wrote: Thought it could make a difference, my bad.

Not with the P-bushes, it's the angle they're pressed onto the wishbone that matters with them Wink
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2013, 08:22 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: Whats to say people arent fitting these properly? I had a set that started knocking after about 3 months, i just threw them out and bought Lemforder ones. I was that pissed at the quality that i didnt even bother looking for replacements if they were going to end up the same way.

I fitted mine when i set up my rose jointed drop links, i know enough about setting up suspension to know how to fit a wishbone. And the p-bush isnt the one to watch preload on, its the forward bushes you need to be careful. The p-bushes should be bolted to the car so that the bush is under no load when the car is on its wheels, its the angle its pressed onto the arm that affects this, not when you bolt it to the car.

Thats why lowered cars eat more p-bushes. Ideally theyd be pressed onto the arm at an angle rather than parallel. Doesnt matter when you bolt them to the car though as the p-bush bolt doesnt affect preload like on the round bushes.

Kind of a rant, but need to clear that up before anyone gets the wrong idea or is accused of fitting them wrong...

Thank you. You won't believe how long I spent arguing this with a few people!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Quote:Hi Niall,

Although it’s not our normal practise we will, under the circumstances, be arranging for free of charge replacement control arms to be sent to you.

However before I arrange this, I will also need your registration number, engine size and confirmation that it was both right and left arms that you had the problems.

If you would also scan the original invoice from Express Car Parts to me it would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Kind regards

Lyn Gann
Operations Manager

Well fair play to these guys! Its nice to see a company who looks after their customers instead of just taking their money and burying their heads in the sand. Ill certainly be buying from them again. Despite the problem with the wishbones, even the most expensive of products can go wrong yet its nice to see them do something about it!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wishbones procta 18 3,430 05-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Wishbones ripp444 0 846 05-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Last Post: ripp444
  wishbones ripp444 8 2,911 26-04-2015, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Niall