oil in radiator

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oil in radiator
hi guys my dad has a peugeot 306 1.4. He has been driving around today and noticed the temp has'nt hardly moved (below 70) so he checked the radiator and found oil in the radiator. What could this be?. The car has done 75k. does not over heat, only smokes when cold and the heaters are warm but not really warm.
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Should be in the TU section lol.
As said on .net, try bleeding the coolant to try and solve the heating issue and then monitor it closely. You will always get a bit of mayo in the oil cap if you only do short journeys but if there is a fair bit, it's a sign of a HG.
That said, these 1.4s are fairly good and don't often blow gaskets unless you abuse them.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Oil in the rad sounds like headgasket, check the oil filler and look at the condition of the oil in there
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
it looks to be like a creamy colour in the rad with bits of black in there too. since my dad has had the car he has not abused it he sticks to the speed limits and doesnt really drive much and if he does its not for long distance

EDIT: didnt know witch section to put it in dont understand petrol lol im more derv
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Im gonna move this to the TU section but

It could be head gasket as a worst case scenario but potentially you have a small leak in the oil-water heat exchanger.

For a test Id drain the whole coolant system and refill it with new coolant and bleed it properly and see how it copes.

Was it full of coolant when you checked?
Is it pressurising the coolant system?
Is there mayo under the oil cap too?
Is it down on performance ? (go and test it against the book 0-60 time)
Thanks given by:
Try a new thmostat if its under temp
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Im gonna move this to the TU section

Done that last night lol after I posted :face-palm:
Thanks given by:
Mine did this on 75k too. This is around the time that the headgasket goes. Check other things first but just a warning! It may not be completely blown just a little hole like mine did!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Im gonna move this to the TU section

Done that last night lol after I posted :face-palm:

Well clearly you fail cos it was in the XU section when I saw it. (dont believe me then look at the mod logs)
Thanks given by:
Huh? Really? It was it the tu section when I looked after I did it last night!
FFS bet this is tapatalk failing yet again!!!

Checked the mod logs, looks like I didn't move it after all. :face-palm: haha tapatalk fail!
Thanks given by: