MOD: Fog flash with main beam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOD: Fog flash with main beam
as niall says the diode is a oneway gate lets the high beam turn the fogs on but not the other way round Wink
Thanks given by:
cool...I was getting all excited about doing this, as the cowelling is off...

then realised I already have a plan, in making the fogs DRLs...

dont suppose you done a guide to that? I have looked Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
DRL's are wank i only do guides on mods i do or that interest me Wink
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 06:27 PM)cully Wrote: DRL's are wank i only do guides on mods i do or that interest me Wink

Tongue

I be using LEDs fyi, to keep it legal.

But I dont see use of front fogs, they never seem to do much in the fog other than make the first 10feet even brighter than it already is with dips on.

was thinking of using your guide on fog/main beam to take a feed from ignition into fog relay feed wire
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 06:52 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(25-02-2014, 06:27 PM)cully Wrote: DRL's are wank i only do guides on mods i do or that interest me Wink

Tongue

I be using LEDs fyi, to keep it legal.

But I dont see use of front fogs, they never seem to do much in the fog other than make the first 10feet even brighter than it already is with dips on.

was thinking of using your guide on fog/main beam to take a feed from ignition into fog relay feed wire

DRLs don't have to be LED. I personally like the idea of them although i do believe they have to be below a certain wattage and on when the car is running then turn off when the side lights or head lights are on (unless they are LED in which case, they stay on all the time)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
No even the LED DRLs in new cars go off with the headlights or sidelights...but was going to look into law and see what it all says.

yeah seen the wattage thing.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 07:27 PM)Piggy Wrote: No even the LED DRLs in new cars go off with the headlights or sidelights...but was going to look into law and see what it all says.

yeah seen the wattage thing.

That must be incredibly new then because the 63 reg Cee'ds we have at work don't however my lower spec one with the bulb DRLs do turn off.
Oh and the company that like to make big things about their DRLs, Audi still keep theirs on with the head lights.

Only thing they do do is dip when the indicators are on IF they are in the same unit. If they are separate units, they don't even have to dip.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
ah right, I seen that dim thing when indicators are on.

which brings up my pet hate, the fog light on modern verhicles coming on, on the side the person is indicating....

how is that legal?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 07:39 PM)Piggy Wrote: ah right, I seen that dim thing when indicators are on.

which brings up my pet hate, the fog light on modern verhicles coming on, on the side the person is indicating....

how is that legal?

Because they aren't a fog light Smile
Ill take a pic of the lower lights on my car tomorrow. They are the same lens but have two bulbs in. One is a fog light and one is just a position lamp so dipped right down. They are a great alternative to directional head lights as they rarely last long with out going wrong and on some cars, do work really well. I had a VW as a hire car where they lit up on corners but didn't make a difference as they only lit up the bit of the road that you can't see because of the bonnet lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
ahhh...will have to have a closer look...

obviously not when one is in motion lol

the ones on the Rangerovers in the main headlights are a bit bright mind, blinding in fact.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Only just noticed tonight that when I flash with my headlights off and the fog light mod on the sidelights front and back and the dash flashes also.
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
somthing not right there you may have wired that wrong
guessing you have wired the mains into the sidelight wire instead of the fogs
Thanks given by:
It all functions correctly. But to switch the fogs on manually the sidelights have to be on so I'm guessing flashing the lights with the fog mod on but headlights off switches the fogs and sidelights on to work properly. Not sure.
Just noticed when I sat in my car in the dark with the lights off and flashed my lights to see if my new fogs work and noticed the dash and rear sidelights light up
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 07:39 PM)Piggy Wrote: ah right, I seen that dim thing when indicators are on.

how is that legal?

They are lighting up the kerb on the inside of the corner...
completely unnecessary but that's what they're for...
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
deffo need to get tools out this weekend Big GrinBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Wish I knew what happened to that diode you gave me lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 09:35 PM)Connor Wrote: Wish I knew what happened to that diode you gave me lol

I think ive still got a few. Can throw one in with those stickers when I finally do them haha
Thanks given by:
You really are a babe x
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just did this today so easy to follow the guide and makes a lot of difference down country lanes.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by: