hdi power steering pump?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hdi power steering pump?
Alright guys saw an hdi tonight only issue seems to be the thing whines like mad when you turn. Like really loud. I noticed the pulley for the pump didn't seem to be running perfectly.

Is it likely to be a buggered pump or lack of fluid etc?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sounds like knackered bearings in the pas pump, yeah.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
but would it cause the noise when steering? Or is that another steering related problem?
Thanks given by:
Probably pump related, if its through lack of fluid you can see the fluid level on the tank and its max and min markers, the pump is an easy swap and there will be one comming off my XSi soon if you want.
Thanks given by:
so it won't be an expensive fix? stupid never even checked the level. will it have done any other damage?
Thanks given by:
Might of f*cked your rack as the fluid also lubricates it but i doubt it. rack is lowest point on the system so if theres any fluid itll be there.

Pumps are tenapenny so yeah cheap and easy fix.
Thanks given by:
right cheers dude, good to know it hopefully wouldnt be a big problem.
Thanks given by:
Anyone know how I can test the rack?
Thanks given by:
Does it feel rough when you steer?

Just top up with fluid if your low and see if that cures it. If that dont work do the pump cos you can get them for a tenner and if that dont work consider the rack, the chances of it being f*cked are pretty much zero.
Thanks given by:
I thought my PAS pump was squeaking earlier in the year, but it's gone away (touch wood) since fitting a new belt. I'd try that first, since it's a 10 minute job. It can be difficult to track where the noise is coming from down there...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
No it didn't feel any different to steer I don't think. If I buy it I think I would just change the pump and a new fan belt see where that takes it
Thanks given by:
are you actually low on fluid?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loss of power steering etc mattbarker32 5 1,377 10-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  no power to lift pump thanhhungone 4 1,747 20-01-2016, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  Squeaky steering pump? Will 7 1,357 30-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Will