Cost roughly for fmic kit for hdi 306?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cost roughly for fmic kit for hdi 306?
Also where to get parts ?
Thanks given by:
there's a guide in the guides section you could have a look at mate. Considered doing mine at a point, you could head to a breakers and look for a 110 hdi 406 to get the top inlet elbow and the bottom turbo pipe is off a c5 iirc. Shouldn't be dear.

Then you will need an intercooler which are cheap enough off eBay with a piping kit. And you will also need slimline fans
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2013, 02:24 PM)rd070707 Wrote: there's a guide in the guides section you could have a look at mate. Considered doing mine at a point, you could head to a breakers and look for a 110 hdi 406 to get the top inlet elbow and the bottom turbo pipe is off a c5 iirc. Shouldn't be dear.

Then you will need an intercooler which are cheap enough off eBay with a piping kit. And you will also need slimline fans

Thanks for the info Smile think I will at some point after couple of other plans take place Smile
Thanks given by:
about £350 I would have thought if youre buying things new!
Thanks given by:
Dont need slimline fans, its up to you... i never ran them on mine
Thanks given by:
Yeah, depends whether you're happy to risk cooking your engine in traffic or not lol.

I've done mine for about £100, others have spent anything up to a grand, all depends how you do it and how much time/effort you put in. Don't forget about the clutch though, whether it'll hold or not is partially down to luck, partially down to how you drive it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just have one fan! 12" or 15" are the sizes on ebay i think.
Thanks given by:
lol!

12" and 15" are deffiantly not the same size! Smile xx
Thanks given by:
About £200 in total, new cooler, and pipes, the elbows from here and you dont need fans, just open your windows and stick the heaters on full blast thats what i had to do the other week.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Anywhere from £100 to £1000 as poodle says mate. If your gonna buy all new bits from ebay and peugeot then budget about £500
Thanks given by:
I will be selling a complete fmic kit for a hdi in august Smile
Thanks given by:
(31-05-2013, 03:43 AM)Just Sean Wrote: I will be selling a complete fmic kit for a hdi in august Smile

Amy idea how much ... Will be interested when u do Smile
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2013, 09:21 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: About £200 in total, new cooler, and pipes, the elbows from here and you dont need fans, just open your windows and stick the heaters on full blast thats what i had to do the other week.

That's what I've been having to do, I have two slimline fans, clearly they aren't working!
[Image: sig-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cost me around £450, most expensive part was a big twinpass cooler. Didn't fit any fans, just have to make sure you don't stay still for long.

And yes, clutch. Don't go oem thinking it might hold, I made that mistake, few hundred miles later it started to slip. Should have just bought uprated from the start!
Thanks given by:
So your doing away with the original fans ? If you don't fit slim line ones ?
Thanks given by:
You'll have a hell of a job fitting a cooler with oem fans. In fact, it just won't fit.

I was just being tight and didn't want to buy fans, and I've not once seen the temps go above 85c. The scanguage tells me exactly what's going in, so it's all good.
Thanks given by:
You can get a cooler in with the oem fans, but it needs to be pretty slim and the right shape, itll be a struggle to plumb in too.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(03-06-2013, 11:26 AM)Poodle Wrote: You can get a cooler in with the oem fans, but it needs to be pretty slim and the right shape, itll be a struggle to plumb in too.

I know mine's an XUD, but I have the factory fan behind the cooler. Just a generic eBay small FMIC
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Exactamundo.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The OEM fans take up a huge amount of space, you can get a sensible sized one off ebay for £20
Thanks given by:
Will look into this more after I have couple more plans sorted thanked for the info Smile
Thanks given by:
Does anyone have any pics of the bottom turbo pipe and the inlet elbow of a 110bhp engine ??
Thanks given by:
I'm selling a complete kit for £200.

Includes clamps and everything
Thanks given by:
(28-09-2013, 01:28 PM)Just Sean Wrote: I'm selling a complete kit for £200.

Includes clamps and everything

How much to post to north of Ireland ?
I'll probably just build up a kit as I go along
Thanks given by:
I got the guts of my bits for 80 quid, just need a few more silicones and thats me
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No more than £20 I'd imagine
Thanks given by:
Mine added up to around 300.

Id firstly get the inlet lower pipe and 90 onto the turbo first and work from there.

And im happy I didnt scrimp with my clutch.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Well I've sourced a full fmic kit here for £150 all I need are the 110 pipes Smile
Thanks given by:
I costed a full new twin pass FMIC kit with mikalor clamps and it was £360
Thanks given by:
This is a new kit
With clamps and all
Not sure what type of cooler it is though
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bumper, Bonnet, paint job cost steve1001 1 1,346 02-10-2018, 06:20 PM
Last Post: steve1001
  Injector rebuild / Rough cost mcglynn 8 1,600 18-08-2014, 05:58 AM