How to flog an old Sierra?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to flog an old Sierra?
So the father in law wants to sell his Sierra since be just isn't arsed to put it back on the road. Meticulously serviced and looked after as it was once his pride and joy. How would you go about selling it?

Pistonheads no longer do free adverts for cheap cars. I'm thinking retrorides forums? But not sure if a noob can just put a for sale ad up.

[Image: null-15.jpg]

I don't know anything about it, run the numberplate and you'll know more than me!

Pretty rare sight these days! Would be cool to see someone get some use out of it.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
what price he after?
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
if its a tidy rust free shell it will be alot more appealing. its these well looked after retro fords that people look for as bases for cossie reps.

good place to advertise would be retroford mag, i think a ad was free when i was a subscriber
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Sierra Sapphire LX
1769cc

^ for anyone whos interested
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Date of Liability 01 04 2014
Date of First Registration 28 09 1992
Year of Manufacture 1992
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1769cc
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type PETROL
Export Marker N
Vehicle Status SORN Not Due
Vehicle Colour RED
Vehicle Type Approval
Thanks given by:
Sure me or Liam would be able to advertise it on your behalf. If its cheap enough it'll sell quick!
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'd be happy to. Get some more details like mileage, equipment, trim level, rust spots and post them up and I'll get it on RR.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers chaps, I'll probably head back up there at the weekend, he didn't have the keys on him at the time hence no pics of the interior, but it looks to be in very good nick from the outside!

Had a quick look underneath and couldn't see any rust...but it is a Ford, so there may be some somewhere.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Check the rear arches and rear chassis legs also rear seatbelt mounting points there the most common rust problems on these
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2013, 06:13 PM)Willo Wrote: Check the rear arches and rear chassis legs also rear seatbelt mounting points there the most common rust problems on these

Also sills, battery tray, inner wings, and everywhere else. Bloody Ford.
Thanks given by:
How much is he after out of interest, if its mega cheap i could be interested.
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2013, 06:27 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: How much is he after out of interest, if its mega cheap i could be interested.

Here we go again lol
Thanks given by:
I miss my old 2.0 gt
That thing went thru oil and brake light bulbs like they were going out of fashion!!!

Was an absolute hoot to drive though and I broke it for bits and got back more than I paid for it!!
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2013, 06:29 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(29-05-2013, 06:27 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: How much is he after out of interest, if its mega cheap i could be interested.

Here we go again lol

Really want a kit car cos Im missing RWD. I would happily have another Dutton but they have quadrupled in price since i last bought one. Really tempted by an MK indy R deluxe kit at just shy of £4k, realistically needs a sierra and an SVA and thats it so £5k or bike engined for not alot more Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I'd be intrested mate, if not I could find a home depending on how much he wants, all the short oval boys use them shells in the lightning rods.
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2013, 10:25 PM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: I'd be intrested mate, if not I could find a home depending on how much he wants, all the short oval boys use them shells in the lightning rods.

Are the lightening rods still going?

My cousin was national champion several times over back in the late 80s to mid 90s

Still has his old race engine on a work stand in his garage
Thanks given by:
The 2 litre saloon stock cars use these shells. They may have interest in it for spares
Thanks given by:
Yeah, the 'loons have changed so much, some still use the sierras, we were looking at a new one at the show, they are so unrecognisable now we didn't even realise it was a vectra!

Swampy who's your cousin? Yeah slowly fading though
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2013, 06:05 PM)R1CH4RD Wrote: The 2 litre saloon stock cars use these shells. They may have interest in it for spares

used to have a very tuned 2 litre from one of these (via anderson racing engines) in my uncles BRISCA F2 stockcar...flip me they are fast sidways Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2013, 10:40 PM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: Yeah, the 'loons have changed so much, some still use the sierras, we were looking at a new one at the show, they are so unrecognisable now we didn't even realise it was a vectra!

Swampy who's your cousin? Yeah slowly fading though

David evans

Hasn't raced for around twenty years I reckon

Used to race a hatch shelll, blue and yellow paint job, same as his dad used in lotus cortinas back in the 70s
Though we are looking at building something for his son to race in
Thanks given by:
Had a little chat with him earlier, not really sure what its worth, but when it was last running in 2011 it was cherished so it may only need a little service and provide many miles of happy motoring...or banger racing haha.

Couple more pics-

[Image: null-18.jpg]

[Image: null-17.jpg]

If I say £550, what do people think? Way too high? It's done 68,000 miles.

Please let me know your thoughts!!
Thanks given by:
If it's not rotten that's a good price, if it is then you might get £300. Does look cleaner than most though. Reminds me of my mates old one, because insurance was surprisingly cheap when I was running a Fiat Uno at 17 he had a 1600 Sapphire Azura, was pretty slow but far better than my Uno Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  mk1 sierra gurj306 0 1,056 26-02-2013, 03:00 AM
Last Post: gurj306