Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No power
Car seems to stop pulling past 3k revs? :/
Thanks given by:
A little more info might help mate.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dont really have much more info. Just gets to 3k revs and stops pulling, was thinking boost leak?
Thanks given by:
Not that clued up on derv but im sure someone will be able to offer advice. But when was its last service
Thanks given by:
It had oil and filter about 300 miles ago, did it myself Smile fully synthetic oil used.
Thanks given by:
Air filter?
Thanks given by:
Not had one yet but the current one doesnt look that old
Thanks given by:
EML on?

Check the plug that goes to the fuel rail pressure sensor.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I'd change the air/fuel filter to start with. Carnt do any harm. Im sure someone will be along to give you more pointers.
Thanks given by:
That's limp mode, so if you plug in a code reader, it should give you an indication to the fault.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
No eml light isnt on :/ ill plug it in and have a look when ive got a few minutes
Thanks given by:
Any black smoke?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Nope, none
Thanks given by:
Change the MAF sensor, mine was doing exactly this..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Exactly as Jonny says. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It'd probably be worth unplugging it before buying another.. just to check
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wheres is loacted on these?Confused but thanks guys Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Just behind the airbox.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Okay so i disconnected my MAF sensor and took it for a belt to asda for headache tablets, i blame the girlfriend. It has alot more acceleration but still goes flat at 3k in every gear :/ noticed i had some diesel near my injectors though, could that cause it?
Thanks given by:
Yes mine has the same
Issue at the mo I have an injectir seeping fuel and my tick over is lumpy and no power when it hits 3k I'd say it woul be a safe bet ??
Thanks given by:
When you say rough tickover, do the revs fluxuate?
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you definitely need a new maf. Does the acceleration drop off at 3k, or just the noise?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Theres a ticking noise upto 3k then it stops, and stops pulling
Thanks given by:
Personally i think you have a combination of issues.

All the PSA diesels are really susceptible to fuel filters not being changed and then clogging ruining your power so change the fuel filter and do the air filter while your at it then do the MAF sensor, get a genuine one as I've heard of pattern ones going after 6 months.

Defo get it plugged in for codes after that.

The ticking up to 3000rpm is the injectors being worn but the cars run fine with that issue (and make good power) for tens of thousands of miles.

After that its definitely worth checking for boost leaks, there's only 4 places it can leak from so its not the worst job to replace a few seals and jubilee clips.

Just out of interest what is your 0-60 time and 30-70 in 3rd gear time as that'll show how bad your performance is. If your near Aylesbury feel free to pop round and ill plug you into the scanguage and see roughly what power your making and can read and clear your codes.
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2013, 08:30 PM)MartinL Wrote: When you say rough tickover, do the revs fluxuate?

Yeah but only in the 900/1k rev box if that makes sense moved a little in there my mac is fine and intact Undecided no codes i did change the injectors and like I say one is seeping could this cause it ?? Also have a k/n filter ??
Thanks given by:
Yeah ill get a fuel and air filter done tomorrow and see about getting a new maf sensor. Ill check for a boost leak, think i may have one thinking about it.. when i changed the clutch, one of them was leaking so i tightend the jubilee up :/ maybe its still leaking.
Thanks given by:
Mines as tight as I can get it but you need a special tool to properly torque it up not sure what its called its like a sideways spanner Undecided think mine might have missed a thread cos it won't go any tighter but still seeps
Thanks given by:
Yeah knob filters are known for eating mafs, filtration levels are miles below par.

A bit of diesel leak on the outside of the injectors won't cause this problem - it'll either cut out or it'll be fine. You may find it's down to knackered injectors, but i'd try everything else that's been suggested before moving onto those.

Jukie, are you definitely tightening the union rather than the injector insert? The tool you're thinking of is a crows-foot spanner.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The bit that leaking is the silver union which connects the pipe to the actual injector and so ditch the filter for original ??
Thanks given by:
Cool, so which bit have you been tightening? I would yeah, up to you though, your car. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: