Plates

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plates
Need some new plates as mine are looking rather tatty. Just wondering where you lot get yours? Fancied pressed metal plates but its just not worth the hassle of getting pulled (please don't let this descend into a debate on whether pressed plates are legal or not). So looking for something 100% legal and nice and clean looking, think I've seen some pressed plastic style ones at some point? Also CBA sending docs off so if I can avoid that it'd be a bonus!

Cheers!
[Image: sig-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pressed plates or standard plastics, thats the only two options really. And my plates have never caused me a problem. Even when i have been pulled they just check that they have a BS stamps and postcode.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Most garages or motorfactors can sort new number plates out
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
£6 each off eBay for road legal and no need to mess around with docs etc
Thanks given by:
Just ordered some bog standard ones off eBay for £12 or just under free postage and fitting Kit carnt complain at that tbh

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...0849990687

Thanks given by:
(27-05-2013, 04:24 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Just ordered some bog standard ones off eBay for £12 or just under free postage and fitting Kit carnt complain at that tbh

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...0849990687

Haha just bought the exact same ones, great minds and all that!
Thanks given by:
I just make my own at work
Thanks given by:
you want pressed plates? you have pressed platets. fully legal if done right. got mine from fcs 2012 and never hade a problem. same bloke their every year iirc.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Im going custom plates this time with legal letter. It just looks cleaner than pressed
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Never had any issues with the 5-0/MOT man regarding my pressed plates either, that said they've not aged well..look knackered now.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
(27-05-2013, 06:55 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Im going custom plates this time with legal letter. It just looks cleaner than pressed

gtfo. pressed plates ftw all day everyday.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Never had an issue with pressed either.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I love the look of pressed plates but ive heard many stories of people having trouble with the police with them. Even the legal ones are technically not legal as they are not plastic, not that that is really an important thing in the grand scheme of things!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(27-05-2013, 07:16 PM)kingy Wrote:
(27-05-2013, 06:55 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Im going custom plates this time with legal letter. It just looks cleaner than pressed

gtfo. pressed plates ftw all day everyday.

I had pressed plates before and never had a problem with police. Just going to the bloke at mfn I use to get my plates from see If I can get something different
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27-05-2013, 07:53 PM)Niall Wrote: I love the look of pressed plates but ive heard many stories of people having trouble with the police with them. Even the legal ones are technically not legal as they are not plastic, not that that is really an important thing in the grand scheme of things!

This. I can do without being pulled, and you risk them being really pedantic and finding something else. Maybe it's just me, I'm a worrier!
Thanks given by:
Dave most of the ebay ones are illegal anyway so i wouldn't buy them. Take your documents to allparts of halfords if you want legal because all plates have to be BS AU 145d type approved and carry the makers name and postcode. Any that aren't risk you getting the same £30 fine as having glaringly illegal plates (and you can get one fine for each plate and have your plates seized) so IMO either decide your gonna take the risk and get something you like or be totally legal.

It wont be long before they really start cracking down on it. With the advent of ANPR on every street corner and every police car vehicles on false plates are becoming more common and people with plates that don't conform will start getting fined because it will put the illegal plate makers out of business and thus make it harder for the "real" criminals.
Thanks given by:
im gonna miss the plates on the bianca, they were ordered through man truck and bus ltd so had the name on the bottom which i always liked as a subtle hint to the turbo, might have to get some more made for the new shell
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by: