406 engine?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
406 engine?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...ink:top:en

Would this fit in to a 2l hdi? Mines high mileage and on stage 1, want to go stage 2 soon and even further hopefully, so would the 2.2 hdi fit in, and if it does whats it like for tuning (fmic setup) etc.

Would I need the 406 ecu and loom also?
Thanks given by:
I want to know if this would also fit. Would be a total monster if it did, I assume?
Thanks given by:
Is that a 2.2? The only difference is the bottom end isnt it? Which was brought up in another thread, would need the mapping changed to suit but it should fit
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just a bottom end then, has anyone fitted one of these and tuned?
Thanks given by:
If your going to do it then why not use the 2.2 16v?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Because I didn't know there was one? haha
Thanks given by:
Afaik the 2.2 16vs are all multiplexed, much bigger pita to transplant as a result. Pity, otherwise theyd be ideal.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
They're also significantly bigger, mounts are different... Turbos don't fit as standard...

The 2.0 16v is a better option and the 2.0 16v as STANDARD is as powerful as the 2.2 16v... And it's got a better turbo...

They also now do a 163hp and a 200hp 2.0 16v now also...

If you look on ebay you'll also notice you can like get a job lot of ex-taxi engines perfect for a rebuilt for £fuckall.99

The one shown isn't a 2.2 - that's a boggo 2.0 8v... Also with regards to management, use a 2.0 16v on Bosch management and re-map the Original 8v management to suit.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Can you put the 16v head on the 8v block or is better just swap the engine
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2013, 07:37 AM)brock hdi Wrote: Can you put the 16v head on the 8v block or is better just swap the engine

Too much work involved as the pistons would need changing as well. Easier to just swap the whole thing
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
If you're interested, yes it does work putting the 2.0 16v head on the 8v bottom end, but naturally yes, pistons need changing.

Remember there's a Siemens and a Bosch injected 2.0 16v HDi - you want the Bosch one... Easily distinguishable by the fact that the Bosch ones have ally inlet manifolds, the Siemens ones have Plastic inlets.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by: