2.2 HDi 8v Bottom end

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.2 HDi 8v Bottom end
Would a 2.2 HDi 8v Bottom end work to gain the extra stroke? and would there be any benefits?

Only asking as I have got my hands on one!
Thanks given by:
Should mate up fine iirc, only benefits are the increased capacity and more torque.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
sounds good, but would the Torque increase be much?
Thanks given by:
Yeah it'll work fine and give more torque, the capacity is made up from a 10mm longer stroke with the same bore. Bin that although it'll run fine out the box it might be best with a remap as you'll be drawing 10% more air on every stroke.
Thanks given by:
But kinda pointless really, the restriction with 8v HDis is nothing to do with the displacement - you could add an extra 10% volume, but the turbo is still a restriction, the CR pump is a restriction, the nozzles are a restriction - end of the day you can only make as much power as these components will do - they are your weak link...

End of the day, you might make SLIGHTLY more midrange torque, but at the top end, everything else will have run out of puff, and if there's something 8v HDis have in abundance it's midrange torque, you can make them overcome pretty much any clutch if you give them the fuel down low!

You will make a 2.0 8v HDi burn clean on stock components, I wouldn't bother with spending the money installing a 2.2 8v when a 2.0 8v is cheaper etc... Both engines would make the same peak power given the same fuel system and turbo.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by: