cant wont run

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cant wont run
hi there am new here bought x reg 1.4 i med but wont run right revs up n down when try to rev no response changed x2 lambas air flow senor idle vale throttle sensor cam knock sensors coil pack serviced plugs oil fillter oil air filter fuel filter just ran out of ideas now please help henry
Thanks given by:
Map sensor? Edit - I see you've put flow sensor, which I'll assume you meant MAP as there isn't a MAF on 1.4s. Smile

Did it suddenly go like this? I had a similar issue on a 1.4 a while back where the coil pack failed, but it spiked the ECU, and even after the ECU being 'fixed' it still was never right and I ended up selling it on.

You could also check the earth points incase they're dirty/broken, gearbox earth and ECU earth at least.
Thanks given by:
Air leak? Headgasket?
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
MAP sensor. Its ontop of the engine towards the back. Unplug it and see if it runs better without it. I had this problem with my 1.8. Used a MAP from my 1.4 and it fixed it!
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2013, 02:54 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Map sensor? Edit - I see you've put flow sensor, which I'll assume you meant MAP as there isn't a MAF on 1.4s. Smile

Did it suddenly go like this? I had a similar issue on a 1.4 a while back where the coil pack failed, but it spiked the ECU, and even after the ECU being 'fixed' it still was never right and I ended up selling it on.

You could also check the earth points incase they're dirty/broken, gearbox earth and ECU earth at least.

yeah was running fine and just went like this think ecu is gone on it as checked everything includeing earth wires no need to find same ecu as mine but no luck yet

yeah just went like this think is ecu causeing probs need to try get one been looking 3 week or so now but no luck
Thanks given by:
I have a 1.6 ecu?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2013, 10:37 AM)henno77 Wrote:
(24-05-2013, 02:54 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Map sensor? Edit - I see you've put flow sensor, which I'll assume you meant MAP as there isn't a MAF on 1.4s. Smile

yeah was running fine and just went like this think ecu is gone on it as checked everything includeing earth wires no need to find same ecu as mine but no luck yet

yeah just went like this think is ecu causeing probs need to try get one been looking 3 week or so now but no luck

i mite have got a ecu got my mate from newcastle to look out for one for me now as he works in scrap yard and will give me all the bits to go with ecu key chip and clip and he said i need a board ?? so just got to wait for cars to turn up monday so fingers crossed get sorted if not might just break car
Thanks given by:
mine ran like that mate untill i did the valve clearences and now sings like a bird i thought it was the map also thought it was cus of the leak i had in the exhaust manifold but like i said checked my valve clerences and adjusted now runs sweet as a nut....
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
I've had a few tu engines do this, think 3 out of the 4 were down to water temp sensor
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by: