Clicking noise?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clicking noise?
Wasn't sure what the best section to put this in was..
Since leaving Scott's after PPC last weekend I've had this ridiculously irritating clicking noise coming from the passenger rear area..
The clicking gets faster as the vehicle speed increases, but stops all together when braking. It also stops once you get above 35mph ish.

I've jacked it up and shaked everything about but not found anything out of the ordinary. I was missing a retaining clip out of the passenger rear calliper slider, and have replaced it but it hasn't stopped the clicking.

Is there something really obvious I'm missing?
Thanks given by:
The cover for the abs sensor rattling around? Have you dropped something somewhere while removing various bits?
Thanks given by:
nothing stuck between the disc and shield? Could be that your not hearing it over 35mph because the road noise is drowning it out.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2013, 06:52 PM)Scott Wrote: The cover for the abs sensor rattling around? Have you dropped something somewhere while removing various bits?

I checked it yesterday and it wasn't loose.. that was my first thought as occasionally this week the ABS light stays on until you actually move the car, then goes off.

(23-05-2013, 06:55 PM)Niall Wrote: nothing stuck between the disc and shield? Could be that your not hearing it over 35mph because the road noise is drowning it out.

Haven't thought of that, will go take a look Big Grin
And road noise.. in my car? Everything is so quiet in mine..
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clicking noise Moonwalker 5 1,699 06-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Moonwalker
  Clicking/tapping noises when going over bumps ect LewisG 10 2,455 12-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Last Post: LewisG