Can someone do me a favour.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone do me a favour.
I just need to know what voltage other people's hdi's get at the injectors when cranking? I just put a pin down the connecter on the white wire and the other on earth.

Just will help me sort whether I have a immobiliser fault or not. Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Says in the other thread - 80v. As mentioned before you'll need a really good mm or a picoscope or something.

You can safely assue they're not firing because the engine isnt running lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeh I know that that's what it should show in pp2k mate but I need to know what people get with a multimeter.

Its just me and prosteve have been discussing it and are thinking a immobiliser problem. The reason is that when I measure the voltage I get exactly 6.5 with the keyfob and without. Surely it would be different?!
Thanks given by:
Ah fair, I take it steve reckons the background voltage is an indication the immob is tripping?

Ill try and remmber t try that out for you later when I pop round dad's - havent got my own mm.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ok Cheers mate, would help a lot.
Thanks given by:
Seems my brother has got the multimeter this evening, sorry dude.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Do not attempt to run the wngine without the injectors plugged in... It uses the injector solenoid coils as a transformer to step the voltage up and charge the driving capacitors in the ECU, youre likely to cook the injector drivers doing so!!

Also, the injectors should recieve 80v constant, it switches the earth.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Oh really? I thought the injectors received a pulse signal, i need better info lol! Where do you find this stuff dude?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(23-05-2013, 06:21 PM)Poodle Wrote: Seems my brother has got the multimeter this evening, sorry dude.

No problem mate Smile

(23-05-2013, 07:26 PM)Ruan Wrote: Do not attempt to run the wngine without the injectors plugged in... It uses the injector solenoid coils as a transformer to step the voltage up and charge the driving capacitors in the ECU, youre likely to cook the injector drivers doing so!!

Also, the injectors should recieve 80v constant, it switches the earth.

Didnt know that either. So what do you think about me only getting 6.5v when cranking and the key at posistion 2??
Thanks given by: