drivers auto window

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drivers auto window
bit of a random one but only noticed it the other day my phase 3 as standered has automatic window on the drivers side but doesn't work? any reason why?

doesn't bother me as I got used to it in the dt but just wondering why
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Auto function requires an additional wire as far as I can remember, the most likely cause of yours not working is due to this wire being broken in the loom between car / door.

It is possible the switch is goosed though, would take 5 minutes to check using someone elses' window switch next time you're at a meet or something.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Can you retro fit this one touch auto jobbies ?
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2013, 10:24 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: Can you retro fit this one touch auto jobbies ?

My old Dturbo came without and then upon swapping the door for gti6 varient one touch window worked as expected, so some may have the wiring needed to the door loom but unsure any further than that
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Most likely the switch - recently bought a P3 and the one touch didn't work. Swapped the switch and it worked again!
Thanks given by:
Are the switches easy to come by? My one in my ph2 is dodgy. Had to clean it out loads of times it was full of grease for some reason and it kept not working. Been fine for a while now apart from the one touch only works when it wants too and the mirror part does bugger all anymore.
Thanks given by:
I'd have thought they'd be easy to come by via eBay, a scrap yard or post a wanted ad on here? eBay seems to be pricey though. According to servicebox there are two types of switches 1 up to rp number 7692 and another from 7693 - so the change over was 1 dec 1997 which may mean p3 switches will fit if yours is a late p2.
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2013, 12:01 PM)kernow_joe Wrote:
(23-05-2013, 10:24 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: Can you retro fit this one touch auto jobbies ?

My old Dturbo came without and then upon swapping the door for gti6 varient one touch window worked as expected, so some may have the wiring needed to the door loom but unsure any further than that

Noticed this yesterday!
Thanks given by:
have you tried re-setting the auto switch? you just need to put the window down and hold the switch until the relay clicks, then immediatly all the way up until it clicks, repeat 3 times and it should reset the auto switch
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
the auto up will only work whilst the car is running. Even on 2nd stage ignition it wont work

Also, careful guys just replacing the switch. THe door loom is different between auto and non auto window switches. On some models, if you just swap the switch, you will just blow fuses and maybe the switch.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
There is also a box behind the door card which controls the auto, this also could be at fault,

Also if you car does not have it don't try and just fit the switch it will just blow fueses, you need and auto window door loom and control box, I have a spare auto window loom/control box/ switch if any one is looking to convert Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
What do I need to convert then just the door loom and switch?
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Anyone fitted it to the passenger side too?
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 06:48 PM)puglove Wrote: There is also a box behind the door card which controls the auto, this also could be at fault,

Also if you car does not have it don't try and just fit the switch it will just blow fueses, you need and auto window door loom and control box, I have a spare auto window loom/control box/ switch if any one is looking to convert Big Grin

only on ph1s and Ph2s. Ph3s, its all built into the switch.

In order to do the conversion, you need the switch and door loom. May need to cut the motor plug from your old loom as in my experience, they are a different shaped plug.

(14-06-2013, 06:50 PM)Jimmy306 Wrote: Anyone fitted it to the passenger side too?

Nah. you would need to make your own custom PCB for the drivers door switch which is just effort especially seeing as im never a passenger in my own car lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 06:50 PM)Niall Wrote: Nah. you would need to make your own custom PCB for the drivers door switch which is just effort especially seeing as im never a passenger in my own car lol

But usefull if the auto function could be operated from the drivers side

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  electric window switch, drivers side Piggy 7 1,774 19-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Auto window question Jimbo 18 5,531 18-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Strikeforce
  drivers side window problem kingy 11 2,594 28-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Last Post: SKoob