GAZ GHA/Gold Coilovers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAZ GHA/Gold Coilovers
As above please. Was originally after some GHA as they are cheaper but if someone has some second hand gold ones laying about that'll be fine!

What have you got?
Thanks given by:
Anyone?
Thanks given by:
Cj has some TA coilovers 110 + postage if your intereste?

Tell a lie he only wants 100 quid posted for them, that's with rear shocks aswel.
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
As ash said 100 posted for front and back
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Are they any better than raceland coilovers?
Thanks given by:
TA technics are really good coilovers! Never even heard of raceland, they a cheap ebay make?
Thanks given by:
Duno they handled well 9n mine and are in mint condition should b off car in a week or so
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2013, 09:13 AM)the milkman Wrote: TA technics are really good coilovers! Never even heard of raceland, they a cheap ebay make?

LMAO... TA technics are the SAME as raceland or v-maxx or hottuning.. etc.. they're all made by the same company lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2013, 09:40 AM)Midnightclub Wrote:
(30-05-2013, 09:13 AM)the milkman Wrote: TA technics are really good coilovers! Never even heard of raceland, they a cheap ebay make?

LMAO... TA technics are the SAME as raceland or v-maxx or hottuning.. etc.. they're all made by the same company lol

Never even heard or raceland or hottuning tbh Confused
Thanks given by:
I dont want more shit, i got raceland on there at the min after everyone saying they are good, they lied!
Thanks given by:
That's because racelands/ta technix/hottuning all have the same spring rates from 1.4 all the way up to GTi, so while they may be awesome for the lighter engined models.. the heavy '6 lump will make them feel quite spongy

Quality wise racelands don't compare anything like GAZ golds or GHA's.. hence why GAZ cost about 3 times as much
Thanks given by:
Tbh we are just guessing these are TA's il know better when off car and see if any markings
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2013, 10:02 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: That's because racelands/ta technix/hottuning all have the same spring rates from 1.4 all the way up to GTi, so while they may be awesome for the lighter engined models.. the heavy '6 lump will make them feel quite spongy

Quality wise racelands don't compare anything like GAZ golds or GHA's.. hence why GAZ cost about 3 times as much

Can you get higher spring rates for them?
Thanks given by:
Yes, think demon tweaks do them, but obviously the shocks aren't great either so could ideally do with changing too if you're changing the spring rates.. but by the time you've done that you are like 2/3rds of the way to buying a set of gaz anyway.. i was in this same dilemma the other day haha.

Saying that, some 275 lb springs would make them a lot better... depends how hard you drive tbh but the springs are like £60 iirc
Thanks given by:
They just bottom out so bad, any little bump and they bang and i live on back roads so its not ideal!

There are loads of on ebay - something like this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Faulkner-Coilo...53f3e9ddab

What did you go for in the end, I can get Gaz GHA's brand new for £450. Thinking of going springs and shocks route again!
Thanks given by:
They on eBay by any chance? The guy will do just the fronts for £350 if you've already got some rear shocks..

Well EITHER (lol, i can never make up my mind) a decent shock and spring setup, guy on ebay is doing bilstein shocks all round with 20% stiffer springs for £219..

or i'd just get the front gazs and some other rear shocks. if you don't NEED adjustable ride height then i'd go for a decent shock and spring setup tbh
Thanks given by:
Bilstein b8s with eibach springs is a great combo unless you want the silly low/felt spec/Puglove look.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I dont need adjustable ride hight but i want it to sit how it always did before i put these racelands on, which it was on shocks and springs lol
Thanks given by:
Mine havent ever bottomed out so may be good ones may have to review my selling price lol

Had my mate whos got the car stored have a look and he rekons there V-Maxx just had a look online and I think they are from what I remember

Midnight are v-maxx anygood?
Thanks given by:
i THINK V-maxx are the same as tatechnix etc... but i can't be 100%, they look the same and are around the same price so.. the reason why they might not bottom out on yours is because a DT lump is a fair bit lighter than the GTi lump mate
Thanks given by:
Gay isnt it! Makes me hate my car!
Thanks given by:
Be glad it isn't something jap lol, all their suspension kits are like £600 minimum for coils haha
Thanks given by:
Ahh I see there more expensive there 300 for v-maxx and 190 for ta's
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2013, 12:26 PM)Niall Wrote: Bilstein b8s with eibach springs is a great combo unless you want the silly low/felt spec/Puglove look.

They only go down to 40mm dont they? I wanna be a whore and go down 60mm
Thanks given by:
I believe g-max ultra low 60mm springs are the only ones that go that low specifically for the '6
Thanks given by: