glow plug light...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
glow plug light...
Welll, the cars not starting again.

Once again, no glow plug light..

It was working perfectly for the past few weeks and all of a sudden its dead again..

Ive changed the relay like 3 times...

Ideas?

I need to rip out entire immobiliser system, I think thats causing the problem...

Getting really annoyed, this seems to happen when i need the car...
Thanks given by:
d turbo?

relay is fed by more than one +ve

then light on dash is fed back from the relay

obviously one from ignition, but also temp sensor and starter motor, and I guess if you've got a immob then that will come in to play (but im not sure how)

Could be back feeding off one of those if you've got a short somewhere? Just worth checking continuity.

Or just take a meaty bit of wire (like jumper cable meaty) around with you and take one end too alternator / battery - and other to glowplugs for 10 seconds, then start the car Smile

Mine was giving me similar grief, intermittent no glow plugs :/ Can't remember exactly what it was now, but one of the inputs was being back fed / shorted by something.
Thanks given by:
Tried that buddy, it still wont start. Its as if there is an immobiliser which allows glowie lights to come on, and without them on, the car will not start Sad.

Also, I have 0v at the pump, as well as glow plugs(on ignition)...
Thanks given by:
My abs is clicking on ignition, going to try change ignition relay later..

So far, on ignition..

0v at pump(solenoid not clicking)

0v at plugs(relay not clicking)

12v at starter motor.

Abs pump clicking

Could someone explain the process of power getting from battery, through relays and into pump/glowies/starter?

I also noticed, under my steering wheel i have a socket, like a computer can be plugged in or something.. So might have a diagnostic run on it..

Just noticed the big STOP light is illuminated, when ignition turned on..

Also, there are 6 wires hanging around in engine bay, should any of these be connected? They came off the lucas when I had bosch conversion done..
[Image: null_zps186e90c3.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glow plug relay - help please Pugmarshall 5 2,332 13-01-2019, 06:27 PM
Last Post: weka
  Glow plug Amps Daniel306 18 5,090 17-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Last Post: darrenjlobb
  rounded off glow plug Chris_90 22 5,899 08-12-2014, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Chris_90