sometimes i hate my car...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sometimes i hate my car...
yep i managed to get it all clipped on where it needs to, turns out i was doing it wrong before. i had to use a massive lever bar to put the cable on the 'box end. gunna take it all off and try again as soon as i muster up the enthusiasm...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:yep i managed to get it all clipped on where it needs to, turns out i was doing it wrong before. i had to use a massive lever bar to put the cable on the 'box end. gunna take it all off and try again as soon as i muster up the enthusiasm...

Yeah you shouldn't need to leaver it onto the clutch arm. Mine went on quite easily. Before you do start taking it apart, try giving the clutch pedal a b
Post good stamping on. Might encourage the adjuster to move to where it should be. If not, start again!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
yeah thats what i figured. when i dropped the new engine in i didnt have to use so much force to get the cable back on the box iirc...
ill deffo try that! hooopefully would save me rolling around underneath in the ice...

Thanks given by:
Fair enough. Just realised the grommet on mine under the servo has popped out. Clutch felt like shite!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
nice!

well, its fixed now, thanks for the advice!

feels nice too, so smooth! i think im in love again :romance-inlove:

Thanks given by:
If you look at my fitting guide, you'll see I wrapped the adjuster in heat wrap to keep the heat out. That's what ruins them is the heat from the manifold.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
yeah i remember seeing that. might get some alu tape from work to keep it at bay for a while.
cheers

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hate facebook DeeTurbo 5 3,855 23-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Think I hate insurance Matt 26 6,231 18-10-2015, 09:03 AM
Last Post: highwayman306
  HATE The china 6 :( Sian 12 3,887 22-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Niall