Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch tuning
Okay since my other thread died, time to start a new oneIdea I have recently had my Bosch tuned to the max, revs starting to hang, but there was still some thread left on the maximum fuel screw, but I couldn't screw it any further. It was feeling quick, but I had limited the boost to 20psi with the manual controller.

I was running veg so I didn't realise how much it was overfuelling on boost due to the smoke being lighter on veg! It was only when I was temporarily running diesel that I realised. Then as a result I increased the boost by two turns on the controller and then by two more turns on the controller and it wa reaching 28psi which I felt was a bit too dangerous. So I dialled the fuel back by one and a half turns and adjusted the throttle arm to suit. Now running 25psi with less fuel.

Now here's the funny bit: it actually feels quicker! It feels revier now and more responsive. I am guessing this is because the throttle arm is achieving maximum travel, the throttle felt stiff the way it was setup before.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DW8 bosch tuning? scottbmxer 4 1,961 11-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Last Post: scottbmxer