Driveshafts - Consumables?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driveshafts - Consumables?!
Previous owner replaced both driveshafts on the HDi last year but with second hand items. In February the left hand driveshaft started clonking.

On Saturday, the right hand driveshaft started, it's now really bad.

I've checked on Car Parts 4 Less / Euro Car Parts (same thing) and they quote availability of 6 weeks. I'll phone them in the morning, but does anyone else know where I might be able to source one?

I'm not going 2nd hand, it's a false economy.

There goes my Saturday!!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I remember warlard finding driveshafts for like £40, If you find the link itd be awesome
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Got mine from CES, was 33 quid, that was on trade though, fitted nearly a year ago and prob done around 10k miles, no problems as of yet Smile they had to order it in over night Smile
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
Cheapest is CP4L @ £48, would be chuffed to find it cheaper.

(20-05-2013, 05:54 PM)Connor Wrote: I remember warlard finding driveshafts for like £40, If you find the link itd be awesome

Ugh that means venturing over to the dark side I guess....
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Give me 10 and ill come back with the link... hopefully
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Found it, J and R =

http://www.jandrcvjoints.co.uk/peugeot-3...ew-o-side/

Ordered.

Now to get some more fecking gearbox oil, which was only replaced 2000 miles ago.
Thanks given by:
Drain it into a clean container... put it back in, thats what Id be doing lol
Thanks given by:
That a really good price
Thanks given by:
Yeah pretty sure I'd reuse the oil haha. f*ck it it's only 2k old!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Yea @ £6 a bottle and no longer in stock at CP4L either. Balls!

I'll use what was left over from the last one and try to catch as much as possible. My father in law is a mechanic and his methods are in the interests of speed, so we don't drain the gearbox at the plug, but rather remove the driveshaft and catch as much oil as possible, then stick the replacement one in quick.

It's a very sweary affair.
Thanks given by:
Haha, rather you than me, cant say we consider the 5 seconds it takes to remove the 'box drain plug to be an issue, but each to their own I guess.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Oil seals as well..
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driveshafts LewisG 10 2,446 29-03-2015, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Alan_M