fitting decat pipe question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fitting decat pipe question
I have bought a decat pipe and plan to fit it but how the hell to I? I mean, how do i access the springs/bolts holding it to the manifold? when i had my 1.8 petrol, there was planty of room to attached it from above!
2000 2.0 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
With a lot of extensions on your sockets and a mate with a 10mm spanner at the top. Would get some more bolts as they have a tendency to shear
Thanks given by:
2 10mm spanners one of them being a ratchet spanner. It can be done with 1 hand hold both spanners. Leaning over the passenger side wing reaching down the back. It can be done, hope that helps.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Ive also always done what tom said, seems to be easiest that way Smile
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
Either like that ^^ or with a long extension and socket from underneath
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Or like Connor says, i have done both, just got someone else to hold the spanner whilst i joined all my extensions together for lols!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Ive just done one, basicly what sam said.
A mate at the top with a 10mm spanner, you underneith with a deep 10mm an extension. Nice an easy once you get going mate!
Thanks given by:
Car on ramps, series of extensions and another spanner/vortex 10mm at the top. One man operation...

I use a jack to hold the exhaust up when putting it back. Place the spring/bolt back and thread on the nut by hand before using the ratchet Smile
[Image: Image423_zps1ac08bc4-1_zps15c76431.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  heater matrix pipe question?? john85cw 4 1,318 26-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  standard boost pipe question zekegti6 3 1,067 10-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Last Post: zekegti6
  Oil breather pipe question tdbadger1980 27 7,337 11-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Last Post: ginge191