Knocking And Wheel bolt issue

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knocking And Wheel bolt issue
So I keep getting this knocking noise, had it for a month of so now, some times it's a knock n sometimes it clicky. Sometimes it happens when I turn left sometimes it don't. When I coast and then instantly press accelerator it
It nicks and I come off it does and I can repeatedly make the noise, by peessing on and off the pedal. Sonetimes it sounds like its coming from the drivers side wheel area, sometimes it sounds like its in the middle of the car.

What does this sound like? How can I narrow it down to find out where the bastard noise is coming from
Thanks given by:
I'm having the exact same issue and i've checked EVERYTHING. Common suspects are perished wishbone bushes, knackered balljoints (or ovalled hubs) or engine mounts.

Normally i'd leave it as it's driving fine but the MOT's due next month.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's quite loud at some point as well. I'll drive down my street come off the accelerator and it it will clunk.
Thanks given by:
Yep, i get everything from a tap to a knock to a full on clunk. Welcome to french car ownership. Every bastarding nut and bolt and joint is fine on mine yet it still does it.

Rage.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Clicky? Possibly a driveshaft if its a repetitive click?
Thanks given by:
I think it's not that. I had my ds go o my quicksilver and would know that noise. It's weird because it hear it in different places and it has different sounds!
Thanks given by:
Does really sound like its in the middle of the car, there is a mount down there, round one, it did look a bit old , looked perished in some places, and was covered in oil from where the sump has benn leaking for god knows how long.

How can I be sure its that?

Also what four subframes are they common to go, or come loose??
Thanks given by:
Ok well my car started making even more knocking noises today. When I fit the cyclones the other day, I fitted them with brand new wheel bolts, flat type. How ever on the drives side front, one of the wheel bolts wouldn't tighten properly so i had to use one of the old tapered ones as the thread was slightly longer. I checked them today and on all wheels they were slightly loose, so I did them all up but one of the driver front was missing, so i put another one on but it tightened up and then it just went loose. So I presume the thread is f*cked...

How do I go about repairing this, Do I need a new hub?

Will it be safe to drive with 3 wheel bolts?
Thanks given by:
Turned out it was loose wheel bolts and the bottom roun engine mount, the bracket that screws to the chassis/subframe. The bolt an nut on that was loose, domi tightened that up. And now I don't getting any knocking or banging noises Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  turns of a wheel bolt? impotentials 10 1,873 20-10-2015, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Jonny81191
Question Front wheel issue Bassman85 23 3,805 09-03-2015, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Dale
  knocking O/S/R wheel Ricky 9 1,530 31-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Ricky