HELP-Car just will not start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP-Car just will not start
Hey guys, my car (95 xldt) has been struggling to start over this past week or so, so i had the glow plugs changed yesterday and now it will not start at all.
it is turning over fine and smoking but just will not fire, the glow plug relay is clicking on and off like it always has done and should do so im clean out of ideas.
has anyone had this problem before?
thanks
ant.
Thanks given by:
Air leak in fuel lines somewhere
Thanks given by:
I would agree with seb, sounds like air is getting into the fuel system. If you look from the top of your fuel filter to your fuel pump there should be a fuel line connecting them? If this is a clear pipe you should check it to see if there is any air bubbles in there whilst cranking the engine over. If its not clear then get hold of a clear bit of fuel pipe and replace the bpipe which is currently there so you can check for any air Smile

Also, try squeezing the hand primer (grenade shaped thing) until is goes hard (count how many aqueezes it takes to get hard.....) and then once its hard keep your hand on it applying firm pressure, and listen out for any hissing/dripping from the fuel system (best to do this when its very quiet, you wont be able to hear anything if you live near a busy road or in the city......)

HTH, Dan. Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys, I have just slackend the bleed valve on the filter housing and nothing came out :/ should fuel come out of there? And one squeez of the primer and it's solid same as it always has been.
Thanks
.ant
Thanks given by:
Well after trying all sorts we found that the plug relay was only giving out 6/9v to the plugs so we changed that an the car ran better than ever.............. Until today! Got to the car this morning and it's back to turning over an not starting, I'm beginning to loose my cool with it now as I can't afford to keep spending money on it and to top it all off the tax is due in 2 weeks.
Thanks given by:
Short term solution is grab a jump lead and go from + on the battery to the top of the glow plug for 10 seconds then disconnect and quickly run to the key to start it. (Edit: Careful not to accidentally hit the block or you'll get a load of sparks, and it won't do your battery any good.)

Check the power going to the plugs again, you might have just got another dodgy relay. And also check the cabling, it could be loose or corroded.
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:
Bud thers a post called td not starting thers literally everything in there u can try
[Image: blazejpg1.jpg]
Thanks given by: