HDI turbo removal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI turbo removal
(22-05-2013, 10:19 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(22-05-2013, 09:35 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Hence why I broke mine when the turbo and clutch were broken.....it was much less hassle than trying to change those parts!

It scares me to say your probably not wrong there. I reckon it would of taken me longer to do an in situ turbo and clutch change on a HDi than to completely strip one for parts.

Oh yeah, while I was obviously slightly trolling there, it is true.......I wouldn't have even attempted the turbo change tbh, and I couldn't do a clutch on my own so much easier to break it lol.

(22-05-2013, 10:59 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(22-05-2013, 09:35 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Golf golf golf golf golf

Shut up tom.. Tongue

Meh, you're only jealous I could change the turbo without much hassle, and without moving the engine at all. Tongue

Plus at least my Golf didn't need a new head after uprating the turbo.

Oh wait.... lol
Thanks given by:
Remind me tom, where's your golf now? Tongue
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's now pieces of other Golfs all over the world. Wink

Plus I made more breaking it than I paid for it. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2013, 06:44 AM)Poodle Wrote: They're easy jobs with a ramp con, but most people on here will be working on axle stands, which is when it becomes a pita. Did a clutch change for the first time the other day, it only took me three hours with someone else helping in places, but if i'd been on stands it would have taken twice that.
Maybe the clutch I can understand on a ramp but as for the turbo I've actually done a few at the house and would do it again there happily, I think its the first time you do a turbo on one it feels more of a pita than it really is, it is awkward but very do-able with only the mount off and no more imo, just have to work methodically and keep at it.
Thanks given by:
Haha yeah fair enough, it's the intake pipe that really takes the piss - trying to maneuver the turbo around that thing and the subframe is a royal pitc.

I've got an engine crane handy, so i reckon i'd still be inclined to at least partially pull the engine - means i can clean the area up at the same time - but then again i've always been one for overdoing things i guess.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: